Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 688286 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #1
I've never had any problems with it, but I'll try this to see if anything happens. Are you going to post the modified source?

Reply #2
I'll upload the source now.

Reply #3
Using it now.  Seems considerably faster.  Providing it is stable this is a great improvement.  Thanks a lot.  I hope this component and the track info panel get updated for foobar v9 once the SDK is released for it.

Reply #4
Thanks for the update. Testing now.

Would it be nice to indicate the version which you base on when you release the plugin. Or you could update the version number to prevent confusion from different builds.

Thanks. Keep on. 

Reply #5
Thanks for the update.  Redrawing is improved very nicely.

Reply #6
Thanks for the update.

the fading effect is great and is working so far.

thank you very much
Dark, black, are my remembrances.
        All around me is dark.
        Dark, like, my soul.
        My soul is sad, she's bleeding.

Reply #7
Hello!

I can't get the panel to appear (juste as with the previous version). I probably forgot something. I get the Album art panel item in the preferences, but the cover art doesn't appear (not even the default one wich is located in the "components" folder). Please help.

Reply #8
I have modified foo_uie_albumart to make it a lot faster and fix the artifacts that appeared when another window was dragged across it etc. It should also no longer flicker.

Works great except one bug. It broke PNG transparency.

Reply #9
I have modified foo_uie_albumart to make it a lot faster and fix the artifacts that appeared when another window was dragged across it etc. It should also no longer flicker.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you show me some images that you have this problem with? I just created a transparent PNG in Photoshop which seemed to have no problems.

Reply #10

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you show me some images that you have this problem with? I just created a transparent PNG in Photoshop which seemed to have no problems.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351731"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://sv1.randomcrap.net/uploads/files/0/default.png]http://sv1.randomcrap.net/uploads/files/0/default.png[/url]

The background shows up black with your plugin though the background is transparent.

Reply #11

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351731"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://sv1.randomcrap.net/uploads/files/0/default.png]http://sv1.randomcrap.net/uploads/files/0/default.png[/url]

The background shows up black with your plugin though the background is transparent.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351732"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Black is the default background colour. If you want a different colour use the options on the preferences page (Use background colour).
Hope that helps.

Reply #12
Hello!

I can't get the panel to appear (juste as with the previous version). I probably forgot something. I get the Album art panel item in the preferences, but the cover art doesn't appear (not even the default one wich is located in the "components" folder). Please help.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351665"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you using the columns UI? Right click somewhere on the interface and check Panels->Album Art. Do other panels work?

Reply #13
I cant use it with new beta 13 of foobar. Why? May be is not supported yet?
I don't speak English very well, please excuse me!

Reply #14
Great work! So far the experimental version works great for me. I love the fading between covers!

Reply #15
Great work! So far the experimental version works great for me. I love the fading between covers!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351750"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same here! Thanks for the plugin!

Reply #16
Hello!

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351665"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you using the columns UI? Right click somewhere on the interface and check Panels->Album Art. Do other panels work?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351738"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you. I feel dumb now but it works (I'm not used to ColumnsUI).

Reply #17
Working great in foobar 0.8.3....fading rocks my world

Reply #18
Just a question... been having this problem with the old version too...
There is an option to control it also via the album list panel, however the albumart doesn't change until I select a track in the playlist (if follow cursor is enabled).

Reply #19
Just a question... been having this problem with the old version too...
There is an option to control it also via the album list panel, however the albumart doesn't change until I select a track in the playlist (if follow cursor is enabled).
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's never worked for me either. I believe it requires a modified version of the album list panel. The original foo_uie_albumart zip file (which can be found [a href="http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/redir.php?id=561]here[/url]) includes this. It's older than the foo_uie_albumlist I was using, but it does work properly with this feature. I prefer my album art to display the currently playing track anyway...

Reply #20
Okay, so I finally tried out this plugin. Couple questions...

This is my "sources" set-up:
D:\My Music\album art\%artist% - %album%.jpg
D:\My Music\album art\no cover.jpgmi
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*
-components\default.png

What is this line in the preferences for? I couldn't find anything pertaining to this line in my search.
-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*

I left the last 2 lines in because I'm still trying to understand it all. From what I have gathered from searching, the last line would normally point to a "default.png" file in my "components" folder in the fb2k folder. I don't see one there, so do I need to put a file there?

Well, since I want all my covers (even "no cover") in one folder, I'm going to delete that line anyway.

I'm basically curious to what -match, -components, and * means.

Thanks for any help!

Reply #21
Edit: removed incorrect info  :  , see below...

Reply #22
Ivanov: this does not work for version 0.9, and it won't until the final version of 0.9 is released (along with the SDK).

To the people who are talking about the album art panel interacting with the album list panel: yes, you need the modified foo_uie_albumlist.dll that is/was included with foo_uie_albumart.  I remember, though, that there were many bug reports related to this modified album list panel, so be warned.

symbiont7: I'll be back in a minute with a link to the explanation on how the sources list works (it's buried in the original foo_uie_albumart thread).

Reply #23
rexy's explanation of the sources list

That's straight from the author's mouth.  :-D

edit: changed "cycling" to "the sources list"

Reply #24
Thank you david_dl and gfngfgf. It all makes sense now.