Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAK - author burnt out or too busy? (Read 7256 times) previous topic - next topic

TAK - author burnt out or too busy?

Hi,

Several months ago, I'm asking the same question.
Wish Tom still want to develop TAK, as the compression rate and speed really good.

Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

Re: TAK - author burnt out or too busy?

Reply #1
I'm not aware he has given up development. If he ever does, I would hope he would open the code so the work he has done can be continued and implemented on other platforms.

Reply #2
Must we really open another TAK thread? Or maybe it would be better to remove this topic and refer to already existing one(hint hint)?

Reply #3
author burnt out or too busy?
Does it really matter? What's the difference for you? Either way there's no version newer than 2.3.0.

Reply #4
I hope a new version is still on the works.
Probably one of the greatest lossless codecs out there. Too important piece of software to be neglected.

Would very much like a full Unicode support, and 64-Bit support as well. (And it might be good idea to add 32-bit audio compatibility, just because WavPack has one.)

Reply #5
Unlikely.

Theres nothing stopping other people making another codec, this time using ANS instead of Rice coding >_>. Last I seen, the Flake FLAC encoder is pretty easy to follow in terms of code, so understanding a lossless codec's function shouldn't be hard, plus FLAC has extensive docs.