Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album list no longer updates library selection playlist (Read 2717 times) previous topic - next topic

Album list no longer updates library selection playlist

Hi everyone,  I tried using foo_uie_lyrics and it's nice I like it but, I really like foobar's lean & clean default UI.  So, after I had the new UI working I went back to the default UI and I found that something is not right.  I can no longer play music as before, now when double clicking an item in the Album List tab, the Library List playlist will not come up and the item will not play.  I can now only add items to a playlist tab to play music or right click the item in the Album List and click play and then only that one item will play.

Components Added:   foo_ui_columns.dll,  foo_lyricsdb.dll,  foo_uie_lyrics.dll
Needed dills Added: libpng13.dl, zlib1.dll >In foobar2000 Directory

These components and dills are now all gone, because I did a complete uninstall of foobar, did a Disk Cleanup, reinstalled foobar (complete install), and the default UI will still not reset.  I guess, what I'm looking for or maybe needed is some kind of registry reset or clean out for foobar.

Please excuse me if I have misplaced this post.
New system running Vista. Please let me know if more info is needed.  Please help, I'm obviously too new to being playing with the UI

Reply #1
What? Why are you trying to delete and reinstall everything?

You can just open foobar and go change the settings in
file->Preferences->Media Library->Album List (set a double click action)
and
preferences->media library (on this page)-> Library Selection Viewer playlist (enable it)
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
What? Why are you trying to delete and reinstall everything?

You can just open foobar and go change the settings in
file->Preferences->Media Library->Album List (set a double click action)
and
preferences->media library (on this page)-> Library Selection Viewer playlist (enable it)

Um...,  Yes, your right, that was it. Thank you.
The Library Viewer Selection  Playlist enabled! I must have enabled at one time and then came to thing of it as a default.
I really thought I lost something there.  Now all I need is to find the key that let you select UIs when starting foobar.
Thank you so much, you really did save my day.

Reply #3
You don't select UI when starting Foobar.
In the currently loaded instance you go to Preferences >Display>User Interface Module.
Assuming you have more than one available, you change / select it there. It will be active upon restart.

terry

Reply #4
You don't select UI when starting Foobar.

terry

Yes I know, normally, but I believe there is a Key you can hold down before starting foobar that allow this. I just haven't found it yet or even remember where I got it from.

Thanks Terry