Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any way I can play/remux/transcode xma files? (Read 6294 times) previous topic - next topic

Any way I can play/remux/transcode xma files?

I have some xma files extracted from a videogame. But so far I found nothing that can do anything with them. The programs that support xma fail.

Here's an example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfdfPvnoD...iew?usp=sharing

FFMPEG can tell channel, bitrate, but claims an unknown decoder:
Code: [Select]
Input #0, wav, from '_RIGHTS__CherryBomb.xma':
  Duration: 00:02:00.25, bitrate: 132 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: none (f[1][0][0] / 0x0166), 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 132 kb/s
No decoder for stream #0:0, filtering impossible
Error opening filters!

Reply #1
You'll have to locate XMAEncode and decode it with that.

Reply #2

Could you elaborate on this? Where/how can I find it?  (Google keeps suggesting XWMAEncode)

Reply #3
AFAICS this file is not xWMA

Reply #4
AFAICS this file is not xWMA

What do you mean by that?
I didn't claim it is, I assumed it's xma based on the file extension. The wiki you linked warns that the two are not the same.

You mean  xWMAEncode.exe from the directx sdk which someone shared here?
It doesn't work by the way. But with two other tools (xmash, towav) I could convert it to wav so that's something...

The file size difference enermous so I guess it's actually some sort of packed wma.  So I guess there isn't a way to convert it to normal wma without re-encoding? The multimedia.cx article doesn't make me to optimistic.