Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: tags not loading since 2.0 update (Read 376 times) previous topic - next topic

tags not loading since 2.0 update

Hello foobaristas!

My embedded tags do not load unless tracks are played.

I tried rescanning the library (again) after upgrading to the most recent version (2.1.2).

Next step is to delete the library from foobar then reconnect it.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has a better solution.

ian

Re: tags not loading since 2.0 update

Reply #1
You could try [hold SHIFT key] > right-click tracks > Tagging > Reload info from file(s)

However if you need to do that for the entire library, might be better to remove the folder from Preferences > Media Library > OK, then add it again - though I'm not sure if that clears the database. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Reply #2
In fb2k 2.0, metadata is cached in metadb.sqlite and this is completely independent of the library. Adding/removing the library has no effect on the contents of this file. It remembers every single file fb2k has ever seen even if you don't use the library at all.

Don't even think about messing with the file if you use foo_playcount or similar. Database contents are also stored within and would be lost if deleted.

Reply #3
I did end up Removing the folder from My Library, then Adding it back in.

The re-scan is taking a bit longer than I'd like, but the metadata is coming back together.  My library is stating to look like a library again.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.