Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cordless headphones (Read 4841 times) previous topic - next topic

Cordless headphones

Hello everybody.

I've been reading this forum for long time, but did not post anything yet.
So, this is my first post.

My problem is: I'm planning to buy cordless headphones (Sennheiser RS65 of RS85 i think) to listen to my MPC music collection, but first I want to know your opinion - is it worth? How worse do they sound comparing to the ones with the cord?

Did someone here test them? Or maybe even has them?

Thanks in advance.

Cordless headphones

Reply #1
Try before you buy....  I really liked the Sennheiser RS65s at first, till I borrowed a friend's pair to discover they have very sub-par batteries, imo.  I was only able to get ~45 minutes of use, after ~6 hours of charging.   

SHouldnt it have been charge for 45 minutes, listen for 6??  I dunno, anyone know of any good & longlasting wireless cans??

Cordless headphones

Reply #2
That is exactly what I'm afraid of...  45 mins is not enough...

And how do you like the sound of RS65?

Cordless headphones

Reply #3
These guys are great: Headroom (http://www.headphone.com).  They offer good advice and I would definitely purchase from these guys again.  Read their product reviews--they should give you a good idea of the sound quality.

A word of warning out wireless headphones: manufactures tend to break the bank on the electronic components leaving little money left for the actual driver components.  Unfortunately, wireless products often have expensive electronics driving the equivlent of a $20 pair of cans.

IMHO, any inconvenience of a cable is quickly forgotten once you hear the beautiful sounds of even a modest set of cans, but if youre needs require wireless, I am sure the guys at Headroom can recommend the best buy.

Cordless headphones

Reply #4
Heard one of the models in Sennheiser's RS line, i think it was the RS45. The headphones are very prone to interference and were so noisy that i can't really comment on their audio performance.

I also audiotioned the Amphony 1000, and while the transmitted signal was relatively clean, the headphone unit itself made everything sound as if the source were reverbed and lowpassed. If you're into masochistic DIY, you could probably change its drivers :) A newer model, 2000, has been announced recently, touting superior sound quality. 2000's availability is rather limited at the moment.

And yeah, always try to audition the stuff you're planning to buy. Or at least make sure it is possible to return it within a reasonable time limit.

Udachi.

Cordless headphones

Reply #5
I don't like the thought of having a radiation source directly beside my gigantic brain .

EDIT: this post contains hidden ironie!
I love the moderators.

Cordless headphones

Reply #6
I don't like the thought of having a radiation source directly beside my gigantic brain .

This is actually not true. The cordless headphone only has a receiver build-in.
I do have a pair of cheap wireless headphones. Sometimes I use them for convenience only (during garden work) , but sound quality is way below standard.

Cordless headphones

Reply #7
I have sennheiser rs-80 cordless and they absolute suck! I don't think that any cordless phones are good. Now I purchased etymotic er-4p phones and they are amazing compared to sennheisers.

Cordless headphones

Reply #8

This is actually not true. The cordless headphone only has a receiver build-in.
I do have a pair of cheap wireless headphones. Sometimes I use them for convenience only (during garden work) , but sound quality is way below standard.

You are right, my [ironie]gigantic brain[/ironie] was not able to differ between mobile phone (which indeed is 1 - 2W radiation source) and wireless headphones...
But I'd like to hear the opinion of an expert... Does a reciever of radio waves emit radiation?

My mother owns a watch which gets time by a central nuclear clock (I don't know wether the translation is right...) and she is always afraid of it, because of its radiation and as everyone knows, radiation is very evil.
I love the moderators.

Cordless headphones

Reply #9
What do you guys think of these headphones?

Bose TriPort Headphones

Cordless headphones

Reply #10
Bose TriPort Headphones

"Sealed headphones typically sound worse than open-back headphones due to the small sealed chamber behind the driver element, which creates opportunity for resonance to disturb the acoustic performance of the headphones."

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicI...&subTopicID=129

That said, with sealed wireless headphones, despite this tendency, may be more desirable where the portability may expose the listener to more noisy environments.

Cordless headphones

Reply #11
What do you guys think of these headphones?
Bose TriPort Headphones

i agree groovz...  and usually bose's tubing porting "technology" ends up screwing up phase, among other things...  have you heard thier main pa sub?  its 2 12" in a dual-port box.  the speakers are completely hidden, so theres only wobbly floppy donkbass.  thier 20foot long "bass cannon" is even worse.  waveradio...  all thier hifi subs...  although, thier alarmclock beats all other "small" alarmclocks ive seen. 

btw, those earbuds looked really nice.  "i.. want..  two pers.."

Cordless headphones

Reply #12
I haven't heard the Triports yet (no rush ) but in fairness they are popular outside of audiophile circles and many non-audiophile magazines rave about them.  In addition, while they may not be able to compare to a pair of Grado RS-1 cans, the wireless world of headphones has few choices (which is why I suggested wired, if it's an option).

I am not a big fan of Bose's past efforts.

waveradio

Their "waveguide" BS is a faux transmission-line of plastic ducting.  The "stereo" drivers are about 30cm apart.  Bose boasts that is delievers full natural sound.

in a dual-port box. the speakers are completely hidden, so theres only wobbly floppy donkbass

Typical bandpass characteristic... muted and muddy.  The design tends to be efficient for its intended band, which can be desirable for PA and/or low-end consumer.

Anyway, sorry about my off-topic digression.  If anyone wants to start a thread for this type of discussion, I'll be happy to participate