Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC v. 1.5 Automatic FLAC Conversion after Rip Doesn't Work  (Read 1749 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC v. 1.5 Automatic FLAC Conversion after Rip Doesn't Work

I've been using EAC for the past 10 years so I'm not new to it - v. 1.0 beta under Windows 7, nevertheless. However, I have just installed v 1.5 under Windows 10 on a new machine and I can't get it to automatically 'compress' to FLAC after ripping. I have flac.exe installed, of course, and I know it works because I can get it to do the compression to .flac on .wav files from within Foobar 2000 v1.6 without any problems. In EAC, under 'Compression options' on the 'External Compression' tab I have ticked 'Use external program for compression' and have supplied the correct path to flac.exe (I've selected 'Use Defined Encoder'.)
Command line options are
-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

and I've ticked only the boxes for 'Delete WAV after compression' and 'Check for external programs return code'. And I am choosing 'Copy and Test Selected Tracks'->'Compressed'. But get only .wav files. The destination folder is a network drive mapped to a Windows letter name ('Y:') - I had no problem before.. My previous working flac.exe/EAC setup is ancient, yes. But any peculiarities with a much more modern setup?

Many thanks
Kofi

Re: EAC v. 1.5 Automatic FLAC Conversion after Rip Doesn't Work

Reply #1
Never mind. I got it to work - the problem was I specified the file location using a network location \\diskstation\music\ for saving ripped .wav files. The .wav files would be saved there with no problem but flac.exe couldn't find that location and said nothing about that. Problem was solved by mapping \\diskstation\music\ to a Windows letter drive (e.g., Y:\). Took me several hours to track this down. Hopefully it saves someone some trouble.

Re: EAC v. 1.5 Automatic FLAC Conversion after Rip Doesn't Work

Reply #2
-V --best -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC