Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom tags in left panel (Read 792 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom tags in left panel

Good morning,

I have used foobar2000 a lot for many years.
I installed a few plug-ins like: ASIO and Playback Statistics.

Also, I have personal information in the TAGs of my audio files such as the origin of my audio files that I would like to see displayed in the METADATA of foobar2000 V2.1 Windows.

The only thing is, I don't know how to do it and if it is possible to add TAG information in this left panel.

If anyone has managed to do this, please let me know how.

Sincerely.

Re: Custom tags in left panel

Reply #1
Text Display
JScript Panel 3 (foo_jscript_panel3)
Download: https://github.com/marc2k3/jscript-panel/releases
font: FontAwesome: https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/blob/4.x/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?raw=true

JScript Panel Configuration > Samples > Text Display

--------

$font(Yu Gothic UI,12,400,0,0,0)
[%title%$crlf()]
$font(Yu Gothic UI,14,600,2,1,0)$rgb(220,40,0)
[%artist%$crlf()]
$rgb()
$font(Yu Gothic UI,12,400,0,0,0)
[%album%$crlf()]
[ '('%date%')'$crlf()]
[Track Number: %tracknumber%][ / %totaltracks%]$crlf()
[Codec: %codec_long%]$crlf()
[Bitrate: %bitrate% Kbps]$crlf()
[Samplerate: %samplerate% Hz]$crlf()
[TrackGain: %replaygain_track_gain%]
[File Created: $date(%file_created%)]$crlf()
[Index: %list_index% / ][%list_total%]$crlf()
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2
Thanks, but this is all really, really too complicated for me.
I'm giving up.

Reply #4
Hi there,

What is "the left panel"? In default installs I suppose that would be Album List? (a tree structure of your music library)

Assuming this is correct, note which view you are using under the tree, like "View: by album".

In File > Preferences > Media Library > Album List, you can see the list of views. Here you can edit the patterns for the view you are using, to add custom tags to the tree. Each tree level is separated by | character.

So say you have a SOURCE tag in your files, you can simply add %source% to the pattern wherever you want it to show up. If you put it at the beginning of a view pattern, followed by | character, it would be at the top level, and thereby dividing the library into the different values of that tag.

Cheers