Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkey\'s Audio plugin for Winamp 3 (Read 7220 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkey\'s Audio plugin for Winamp 3

Is it me or doesn't the Monkey's Audio plugin work for Winamp 3?
Redeemer

Reply #1
Where did you get this plugin?

Peter's page?
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/wa3.htm
(Standard setup)

And what happens? Winamp doesn't recognize the plugin? Refuses to play the files? Error messages? No sound?...

Reply #2
I got the plugin from the install package. When you install it pops up requesting the winamp directory. then it puts the file in_APE.dll in the plugins directory. when i start winamp3 nothing out of the ordinary happens, when i drag the file in the list it doesen't appear and i have to add the file via the add button and "show all files". when the file is added to the list, the song duration appears as 0:00 and when i double click it nothing happens. but it works in winamp 1.78. i ahve noticed that in winamp 1.78's plugin directory there's a lot of other files like in_mp3.dll etc. (about 30 dll files) but in winamp 3's plugin directory there's one vis_nsfs.dll file which, i think, is used for the winamp visualisation function. but in the Wacs directory it's filled with so called wac files with filenames such as "cnv_mp3pcm.wac" wich looks like the file used for mp3 input.
Redeemer

Reply #3
Hummm... it seems you're not using WA3 APE input plugin, but WA2 (in_ape.dll). WA3 can't recognize WA2 plugins.

Get that package at Peter's server, install it and try to play monkey audio files with WA3.

The package is the standard setup at
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/wa3.htm

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #4
I downloaded and now i can drag the files over in the playlist and play them, but winamp3 doesen't play them correctly. the file length is 5:24 and winamp says it's 1:27. the bitrate according to winamp2 is 857 and winamp3 says it's over 3000 and when i play it no music comes out only some strange sound every 2 seconds that varys a little.
Redeemer