Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReFacets causing heavy slowdown (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

ReFacets causing heavy slowdown

This has only started happening to me since upgrading to 2.1, and still isn't fixed in 2.1.1. When using ReFacets Foobar doesn't respond for multiple seconds if I click on a column that's currently at "All", this is particularly frustrating as that's the default position of the selection in a given ReFacets column. This also affects the startup of foobar2000, I have to wait even longer for the panel to actually appear whenever I switch to the tab with ReFacets in (I should note I have two separate tabs that use ReFacets, though removing one of these did not change anything).

I don't believe it has anything to do with the components I am using, as uninstalling both of the non-default components I have (vgmtream and Masstager) also did not change the issue. I've also read on the forum that there's issues with visualisations, but disabling hardware acceleration and even just outright removing those panels did not change anything either, also this problem occurs without music playing. I'm guessing it has to do with loading my entire library into a single playlist, as it only happens when refacets is set to all.

Re: ReFacets causing heavy slowdown

Reply #1
Problem noted, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.