Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1894818 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #1175
I generally use Cuetools to split full album flac files into pieces using cuesheets - but my files reside on a Linux machine.  I've run Cuetools on the files remotely through Samba and in Virtualbox, and I've found that the order of the directories/files in my network shares are not sorted alphabetically like dirs/files on my local filesystem.  It'd be great if these could be sorted.

Awesome program.

Reply #1176
This tools has become invaluable to me and I use it often, but i would like to make one request. Can you include an "if exist" feature, with to option to create new, overwrite etc.

Thank you

NH

Reply #1177

Will like to know if there is a way to just save a new cuesheet after a freedb lookup. Let me explain the cases i'm facing.
I'm trying to organize a unattended batch ripping done with dbpoweramp months ago and have seen that many times dbpoweramp picked up a wrong reference from its sources; common examples are:
- the same album has been released in two languages, and it picked the wrong one;
- the same album has been released in various countries and instead of english titles it picked the japanese ones;
- someone long ago put his cd on the drive, named all wrong, and then hit the cddb upload icon (happens frequently with Brazilian artist, don't know why).
- with the same cd_id there are more than one entry (especially true for cd singles)
- someone swapped artist/song when editing his cd then submitted it to cddb or whatever.
Given that everything else is already encoded in flac, there is a way to just save a new and correct cuesheet from a lookup without doing a flac_2_flac re-encoding or doing a manual editing?

Reply #1178
I really want to test out and use CueRipper,  but I just can't get the proxy settings to work. Strangely, I can get the proxy settings working for CueTools (for verifying against AccurateRip) and since i assume the same settings in CueTools carry over to CueRipper, I am at a total loss. Is there any possible explanation for this behavior? I will try to attach some images that might explain demonstrate what I mean.... if I can get the images to post, I am sort of new to this..One image is supposed to show the album verified using accurate rip with confidence levels (implying that my proxy settings work in CueTools) but I cannot get values (tracks, artist, album meta info) from the ripper using the same proxy information. Is there a separate configuration page for the ripper that I am missing?
Many thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to point me in the right direction.

[attachment=6053:CueTools.jpg]

[attachment=6054:CueRipper.jpg]

I hope this is clear, and thanks!

Reply #1179
I downloaded a rip of John Lennon Mind Games. Track 06 has a result I have never seen before.
Please comment and explain what this result means.

The .accurip report from CueTools has an odd result for track 06:
06    [00000000] (0/0) Accurately ripped

And for "Track Peak", it shows this:
06    0.0 [648C227C] [00000000] [3ED0B63C]: W/O NULL for track 5

The rip log also shows a zero peak level for track 06:
Track  6

Filename E:\Tmp\MG\06. Nutopian International Anthem.wav

Peak level 0.0 %
    Track quality 98.1 %
    Track not present in AccurateRip database
    Copy OK

Here is the .accurip report from CueTools. Note track 06:
Code: [Select]
[CUETools log; Date: 03/09/2010 12:36:17 PM; Version: 2.0.9]
[CTDB TOCID: AzwZ2tvGRf0gfAkKCwDT.1s5Elo-] disk not present in database.
[AccurateRip ID: 0012ccc9-00ac901c-8c09960c] found.
Track   [ CRC    ] Status
01     [2a921a9c] (2/2) Accurately ripped
02     [eb24f9cf] (2/2) Accurately ripped
03     [1707fe4e] (2/2) Accurately ripped
04     [62657db1] (2/2) Accurately ripped
05     [0f3455d1] (2/2) Accurately ripped
06     [00000000] (0/0) Accurately ripped
07     [ab3e4ace] (2/2) Accurately ripped
08     [a48879cb] (2/2) Accurately ripped
09     [bdb747c3] (2/2) Accurately ripped
10     [669a84ac] (2/2) Accurately ripped
11     [97d6ca03] (2/2) Accurately ripped
12     [da97b8ac] (2/2) Accurately ripped

Track Peak [ CRC32  ] [W/O NULL] [  LOG   ]
--  100.0 [31A64405] [4872CE78]
01  100.0 [BAF4D9EF] [0FDCDFF1]  W/O NULL
02   92.4 [3BBA0ADE] [8EB80D5C] [0FDCDFF1]: W/O NULL for track 1
03   97.4 [21322C5B] [95FCAA49] [8EB80D5C]: W/O NULL for track 2
04   90.0 [41FB1B3D] [0F810A11] [95FCAA49]: W/O NULL for track 3
05   93.7 [38981321] [3ED0B63C] [0F810A11]: W/O NULL for track 4
06    0.0 [648C227C] [00000000] [3ED0B63C]: W/O NULL for track 5
07   81.8 [D62A1ADD] [90F9803C]  W/O NULL
08   74.5 [61FDCB9F] [6FAE9F3B]  W/O NULL
09   82.3 [07800E57] [4852044B]  W/O NULL
10   81.7 [2E23CC2C] [6ECB6A32]  W/O NULL
11   84.8 [7A065274] [E7EFED6F]  W/O NULL
12   84.6 [11179527] [4C5199CB]  W/O NULL

The rip log has this AccurateRip reporting at the end:
11 track(s) accurately ripped
1 track(s) not present in the AccurateRip database

If you want to see the full log, it's on pastebin (I didn't want to make this post too lengthy and awkward to read), so you can see the log here: http://pastebin.com/Q6DsqKDN

Track 06 has a result I have never seen before. Please comment and explain what this result means.
Thanks.

Reply #1180
I downloaded a rip of John Lennon Mind Games. Track 06 has a result I have never seen before.

first, read the TOS before you post a question regarding illegal downloads, this can get you banned.

second, Track 6 on that album is just a few seconds of complete silence. that's why it has no peak value, no crc and is not present in the AR database.

Reply #1181
read the TOS before you post a question regarding illegal downloads

Unfortunately discussing/requesting help with pirated material is not prohibited. Unfortunately.

Choose silence treatment.

Reply #1183
has anyone noticed very slow access of the accuraterip database since the recent update (yesterday i think) - just wondered if it was a deliberate throttle to prevent too many people hammering the server or whether my (new) cuetools setup on my new laptop needed a bit of fine tuning

Reply #1184
Can't add md5 checksum in WavPack, please fix this problem.
I have already asked, but you didn't fix it.

Reply #1185
Gregory S. Chudov, do you have any interest/time to develop CUETools (or fix remaining bugs) anymore? Good to see that you're back in HA (at least reading/visiting), I actually had a bad feeling about your absence.

Reply #1186
has anyone noticed very slow access of the accuraterip database since the recent update (yesterday i think) - just wondered if it was a deliberate throttle to prevent too many people hammering the server or whether my (new) cuetools setup on my new laptop needed a bit of fine tuning

fine this morning.. no worries.

Reply #1187
If development is being continued on the CUEtools package, I have a few simple requests for CUEripper:

1. Please allow some sort of obvious notification that HTOA is available. A popup message would be preferable, as I have some drives that do rip HTOA data and some that doesn't.

2. Please make a notification is files already exists instead of just overwriting them. Helps avoid accidential unnessesary double-rips when you rip large batches

3. Please allow an option to eject the drive after ripping (helps same issue as above).
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #1188
Now that's weird.
I managed to split one flac file into single flac files by disabling freedb and Musicbrainz. No "array index out of bound". Then I switched to mp3 - and the error is back, also with flac files ...

I wonder if it wil be fixed some day.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #1189
Gregory S. Chudov, do you have any interest/time to develop CUETools (or fix remaining bugs) anymore?

Could you please answer something? If you don't want to continue anymore, maybe somebody could take over (start fixing the numerous bugs/problems & perhaps develop it further) once you say that you're done with it. Thanks.

Reply #1190
There is development in SVN. Latest changes: Nov 05.
audiophile // flac & wavpack, mostly // using too many audio players

Reply #1191
Other development than GPU stuff (AFAIU) Chudov is doing nowadays? (= ~4 months ago according to the repo)

I don't want to be an asshole and demand that somebody answers my question/bug/problem posts (lots of which date back to January BTW), I just thought that coming out and saying that he's not interested in this project anymore (because it doesn't offer interesting coding "challenges" anymore (he has stated this himself)) _might_ arouse some other developer to embrace this project and "finish" the app (bug crunching/polishing).

I can live with the numerous bugs/problems (I only use it to verify from cmd line), except the 1st problem I posted back in July (the 1st point about CT opening/starting slowly because csc.exe runs many many times every time CT is ran).

Reply #1192
It's open source. If you want to fix bugs then go ahead and do so.

Reply #1193
a few problems i'm running into running this in linux (ubuntu 10.04)

1. all i can get it to do is verify and correct filenames... encoding in any format is a no go
2. clicking on settings causes cuetools to crash
- sig removed, no code allowed

Reply #1194
It's open source. If you want to fix bugs then go ahead and do so.

Thanks but I didn't ask about that. If I'd have time, I would do just that.

Hopefully somebody takes over the development someday..

Reply #1195
Hopefully somebody takes over the development someday..

...just plain no. He's got the right for a break after last year's killer development. The important part of the code is quite stable.

Reply #1196
He's got the right for a break after last year's killer development.

Break is always ok.. but unfortunately the facts indicate that he very well _might_ be over with CT development (= it doesn't offer interesting coding "challenges" anymore). Also, the lack of posting here doesn't look promising. + While this is not intended to be about myself, I can't disregard the fact that my first big post (and the 2nd one) with questions/bugs/problems from January is still hanging (of course he doesn't have to answer.. but still, it's a thing that I can't pass when stating my fears about the future of the development).

And can't projects have more than 1 developer? This is not about superseding Chudov, it's about arousing an interest for somebody to help code stuff that he doesn't bother to do. Is this a bad thing to say? He has said it himself and to me, there's nothing bad about that, he's wonderfully honest. Can we stop the defending now and move on? (This went on too long, this is my last post about this.) In case somebody misunderstood, my agenda is not to defame anybody (well, maybe unintentionally myself ), I'm really interested about CT and it's future.

The important part of the code is quite stable.

YMMV.  I slightly disagree, there are many bugs, and the profile/settings system is a bit of a mess.

Reply #1197
I agree with Akkurat.

Users who think that a developper stops development for a year or two, just to suddenly restart after a long vacation are just naive computer newbies.

[Sarcastic mode: on] Maybe some of the old HA musepack zealots who bought Franck Klemm a new PC (and since then most likely switched to lossless) wanna try again & buy Gregory a new computer to relaunch his interest ? ... some people never learn ... [Sarcastic mode: off]

joke apart, Gregory did a wonderfull job, he pushed CT further than I would even have imagined (specially as I was already a CT user before he added AR support), ... but in case new users don't realize it: CT already had 2 lifes & two main developers. Despite being a nice person & a skilled dev, Gregory has lost interest in CT around the same time he started playing with Cuda ... & also maybe because he might have found a job in real life as I recall he said he would "die for a job in Canada" & I recently read in another topic that he actually had a job.

There is nothing bad in it, that's life. But as far as I understund Akkurat, what he is asking for is a clear development status for CT.
CT has reached the point where it is almost as usefull as EAC or F2K for some people & some use (which, by the way, is a tremendous compliment). It is just too usefull to let it die as the average project.

The only problem with what Akkurat is asking for is that most likely Gregory himself doesn't know what he wants... I am pretty sure that he still reads the topic despite being mute. As a comparison, recently JMValin pm me & asked me to ABX an unreleased CELT version before he can froze the code ... the only problem is that personnaly I have lost all interest in lossy audio, so ironically the only reason why I would have an interest in ABXing CELT is video: if both Webm would be better than x264, & at the same time CELT would be better than Vorbis, & overall if Webm+CELT would be better than x264+nero aac which in the end is very very unlikely ... so as I didn't knew what to answer to him (& I didn't wanted to discourage him) I just didn't answer (how courageous of me ...)... just like Gregory for CT IMHO.

So the real question is who is gonna take over now that Gregory is lost in space ??? The worries of Akkurat only reflects the fact that he knows it is no trivial task that the average joe reading HA can do. Many HA newbie thinks that, CT being open source, it cannot die, this is plain false, CT can enter an "age of cold" where it can remain frozen for years, & at some point it might die of neglect. Being open source doesn't make a software immune to death, it only makes its agony last forever, because hope is what dies last.

A sad thing for me, is that I am convinced that newbies always asking again & again the same questions about AR has played a big part in his loss of interest, I am not sure that he realized that he would have to do the "customer service" of .accurip log reading when he added AR support to CT. At the time, I tried to answer some newbies questions but it often brought me trouble with Greynol as my knowledge was incomplete. So I begun thinking that CT needed a real FAQ & I slowly stop answering as I get bored myself. For me CT development took a wrong path as this topic slowly became unreadable, it's as if all the F2K forums would be joined in a single topic... CT is too large for such a reduction.

The saddest thing for CT is that despite being slightly buggy, unpolished & overall not finished featurewise, in most cases it works great.
If Gregory has done all his personnal ripping/conversion & checking against AR, it's obvious that sadly he might not even use CT daily anymore himself.

Hopefully at some point he will realize by himself that Cuda & co are just useless child toys & that CT is the real thing ... I am convinced that even if he doesn't use CT daily anymore, he will realize that he still use it regulary, & that, as a "can't live without software", it deserves to be polished.
As a comparison nowadays EAC development is very slow, but in the end it doesn't matter because it is very stable. The problem with CT is that it hasn't reached this status. So even if Gregory stop adding new feature to CT, it would be nice he could stabilize what he already added, so that if ever someone takes over the development he doesn't start with a half-broken toy. Like Akkurat pointed the profile system has always been experimental to my eyes (I don't even use it, I never understund where Gregory wanted to go with it ...), but there are plenty of other little glitches left everywhere that hinders the CT experience, like CD with silent track not being reported as accurate in the batch log for exemple.

Anyway, thks for what you've done & see ya soon silent one

Reply #1198
sauvage78, does this remind you of something?
"...Let's compare apples to apples, m'kay?"

Only a few months have passed since the last release and you already made the funeral for CueTools. Despite polishing that is needed, this program starts to become mature and the developer can keep working on it on a slower pace, even if it doesn't offer new coding challenges. It's up to him to decide.

Reply #1199
I think his work thus far has been nothing short of tremendous and I would love to see refinements in CUE Ripper.  Work on the documentation would be phenomenal as well.

This thread is monstrous and I regret my role in bloating it with nitpicking over some of the finer details.  Still, it is smaller than the REACT discussion and some of the dedicated support threads over in the fb2k forum.  Either way I doubt I'm the only one who finds the sheer size quite intimidating when trying to learn about the program.