Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413417 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #177
but it still doesn't work form me. i see no error only when i'm trying to download lyrics under progress bar i see command: processing and then "some network problems" cany anyone tell me why i get that?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #178
Are you using proxy?
Have you got other foobar plugins that access the web and do this successfully?
Do you use a firwall which could block foobar's access to the web?
Other things which could cause this don't come to my mind.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #179
I'm not sure if anybody else has this problem, but the lyricspanel plugin update linked to from this thread isn't working properly for me. I can't get the panel to show, though it should be the right version of foobar (0.91) and I can get the panel preferences bit to show (it doesn't show up in the ColumnsUI layout section). Any ideas?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #180
In this thread we've briefly discussed the idea of an 'automatic' lyrics panel - one that can display lyrics on the fly without saving them locally.

I've been thinking since posting there that perhaps this feature could be added to LyricsDB in a relatively simple form. All this component would need is a 'make lyrics available automatically' option. This would then do a search of the database whenever the song changes and make any result available as a variable to be displayed in trackinfo etc.

So the searching would be exactly as is, but automatic and silent. Then the results would just be a variable accesible by other components, as opposed to being displayed in a window as is currently the case. Is this possible?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #181
By the way, the new release fixed all of my problems! Dug, continue your efforts on this plugin!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #182
Just installed lyricsdb, and attempts to upload a lyrics. It just kinda stalled....

May be it's a bug or may be database was overloaded. Load is really big, and provider keeps complaining about it. I'm planing to move whole database to the other hoster...
Anyway you can contact me by the icq and we'll see what's wrong "on the fly".

'automatic' lyrics panel - one that can display lyrics on the fly without saving them locally.
without saving locally? It goes against entire idea of the LyricsDB.
But I'll think about LDB's own lyrics panel and automatic dowloading (and saving)...
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #183
Trying to retrieve lyrics for album O.S.I. - Office of Strategic Influence makes foobar crash/exit. Maybe the problem is that the files are tagged as O.S.I. and not OSI. (i'm using the lastest beta2)

btw. why is there no index.htm or something on the http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/ page. The ftp-like filelist looks ugly.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #184
without saving locally? It goes against entire idea of the LyricsDB.

OK I can understand that it might not be of interest to you, thanks for the quick reply.

Is there any chance of you releasing the source code for this plugin so others (perhaps myself if its relatively simple!) could have a go at adding such a feature?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #185
New beta is out: foo_lyricsdb_007_beta3.zip, thanks to molnart.
just bugfix version.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #186
this REALLY is a Great plugin.....  finding lyrics was never as easy.....

thanks to all of yo all who did it!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #187
Hi,
is there a risk to damage my mp3 by saving lyrics in a id3v2 field and what´s your general opinion about using a lyrics-field?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #188
Hi,
is there a risk to damage my mp3 by saving lyrics in a id3v2 field and what´s your general opinion about using a lyrics-field?

1. I don't know about any problems with saving lyrics into the tags, so I just save them there and haven't expirienced any problems with it.
2. What do you mean "lyrics-field"?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #189
[/quote]
2. What do you mean "lyrics-field"?
[/quote]

I just want to know what´s the general opinion about using a tag for saving "large" information like lyrics.
Do you think it´s a good idea to save lyrics in mp3-files?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #190
storing lyrics is no large information. with the most of the lyrics you will fit into 4kbytes - this is the default padding size done by EAC (so your tag wont get actually larger when you add the lyrics).

just think about how many people are storing jpeg images in id3 tags with size around 100kbytes.

however i experienced some problems (slow loading) in some programs with ID3v2 tags of 32kbytes size, but your lyrics should never be so large.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #191
I just want to know what´s the general opinion about using a tag for saving "large" information like lyrics.
Do you think it´s a good idea to save lyrics in mp3-files?

Sure I think exactly so. That's why I have written this plugin.
Lyrics is not really large data, I have only one lyrics more then 8kbytes, but I have a lot of mp3s, bigger then 10M. Lyrics belongs to the song, so why not? As far as I know there's no limits about tag size now (I mean after id3tags version 1). Some people store even images in the mp3/mp4 files (i have seen it myself!) I don't like it, but why not, again. Other mp3 players (even hardware) are allright about it. I know about only one pluginm that had problems with big lyrics tag.
Making large amount of small files (with lyrics) is definitely bad and inconvinient. The only reason to do so I beleive in is read-only files (in the network, for example). And by the way foo_lyricsdb does not support saving lyrics to the files yet.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #192
Thanks for your answers.
I just want to be sure that there is no risk to damage my mp3 by saving lyrics.
@ dug: thanks for the plugin

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #193
Are you using proxy?
Have you got other foobar plugins that access the web and do this successfully?
Do you use a firwall which could block foobar's access to the web?
Other things which could cause this don't come to my mind.

No i'm not. i'm using Nvidia Firewall, but other thigs like freeDb for tags are wroking just fine... i tried to turn off my firewall but it gave me no result.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #194
Hi dug,

though your plugin works properly for one song I seem to have problems with retrieving lyrics for several songs / albums. If I for example select the album by "Fort Minor" and try to receive the lyrcis. The progressbar disappears, as if the plugin couldn't find any matches. If I however try to tag song by song your plugin get's matches. This behaviour is reproducible. Can you please fix this?

I have one more suggestion: Could you add a checkbox to the preferences, so that if checked lyrics are automatically written withouth having to agree every time?

Have a nice weekend!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #195
I have one more suggestion: Could you add a checkbox to the preferences, so that if checked lyrics are automatically written withouth having to agree every time?

There is that checkbox, it's "show every lyrics before..." uncheck it?

and about issue with that album - can you name all tracks, i'll see what's wrong. It's really nice, that issue is reproducible, some people already mentioned about it, but works for me every time

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #196
I've the same problem as timmehbizza. I use fb2k 0.9.2 Beta 2 with ColumnsUI 0.1.3 Beta 1v5. In the prefs, I can configure LyricsDB, but it doesn't show up anywhere in ColumnsUI config or fb2k menu.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #197
Fort Minor - #01 - The Rising Tied - Introduction -- Skip (0:43)
Fort Minor - #02 - The Rising Tied - Remember the Name (3:50)
Fort Minor - #03 - The Rising Tied - Right Now (4:15)
Fort Minor - #04 - The Rising Tied - Petrified (3:40)
Fort Minor - #05 - The Rising Tied - Feel Like Home (3:54)
Fort Minor - #06 - The Rising Tied - Where'd You Go (3:52)
Fort Minor - #07 - The Rising Tied - In Stereo (3:30)
Fort Minor - #08 - The Rising Tied - Back Home (3:45)
Fort Minor - #09 - The Rising Tied - Cigarettes (3:40)
Fort Minor - #10 - The Rising Tied - Believe Me (3:43)
Fort Minor - #11 - The Rising Tied - Get Me Gone (1:56)
Fort Minor - #12 - The Rising Tied - High Road (3:17)
Fort Minor - #13 - The Rising Tied - Kenji (3:51)
Fort Minor - #14 - The Rising Tied - Red to Black (3:12)
Fort Minor - #15 - The Rising Tied - Battle (0:32)
Fort Minor - #16 - The Rising Tied - Slip Out the Back (3:57)

Settings in plugin:
- only one check in the "show every lyric..." (will remove that one for testing now)
- limit receiving... : 0
- tag to store...: LYRICS

Thank you for investigating!

edit:
- unchecking the "show every lyric" doesn't solve my problem.
- However, I have an idea, why lyrics are not received:
This situation: i want to tag tracks a,b,c,d,e together.
If there is no tag for track a then the plugin doesn't even check for b,c,d,e?!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #198
is there no one with same problem i have? i want to have plugin working but it just wont...  any one knows what "some networks problmes, aborting" means...  others commponents like freedb are working just fine...

... ok i fixed my link and now i get runtime error...;/

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #199
bug report:

foobar crashed when i was trying to retrieve the lyrics for the album "Ayreon - Human Equation". The window with lyrics two versions showed up, then it crashed, however the track continued to play.
I tryied to get the lyrics for the first (Day One: Vigil) and second (Day Two: Isolation)  track separetely, with the same results...

EDIT: it seems, that the lyrics version window ALWAYS causes foobar to crash, no matter what the album is

(foobar2000 v0.9.2 beta 4, LyricsDB v0.0.7 beta 3, Win2K SP4)