Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toggle ReplayGain with item on status bar. Possible? (Read 5558 times) previous topic - next topic

Toggle ReplayGain with item on status bar. Possible?

I'd like to create an item on the status bar that displays the current ReplayGain playback mode, and toggles it between Album and Track when clicked.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Reply #1
No. Maybe with panels_ui (you'll have to use the buttons function and rebuild a status bar yourself) - but this won't be easy for you.

Reply #2
there is foo_rg_trn, it's not exactly what you're asking for, but it may do what you're trying to accomplish. it changes the replay gain mode depending on your playback order.

Reply #3
You can't toggle and you can't do it on the status bar but there is good workaround which allows you to add a couple of buttons to a toolbar (eg. the playback buttons toolbar) :

1. Install the foo_menu_addons extension.
2. Create a custom button for gain on for that menu item.
3. Create a custom button for gain off for that menu item.

HTH

Reply #4
Thanks.  I'd be even happier with an intelligent RG selector, along the lines of foo_rg_trn, but perhaps that could cue off some aspect of the playlist (am I in singles mode or album mode?)  Is there any way to control RG mode based on the playlist?

Reply #5
Thanks.  I'd be even happier with an intelligent RG selector, along the lines of foo_rg_trn, but perhaps that could cue off some aspect of the playlist (am I in singles mode or album mode?)  Is there any way to control RG mode based on the playlist?

I've requested a small convenient component countless times, that allows any menu item to be called from a function, say $menucall(). PanelsUI have this functionality for buttons, but obviously require user interaction.

Sadly nobody has responded yet
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P