Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer (Read 380491 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer

Reply #75
I wasn't aware of the "show favorites as roots" feature, sorry.
What I meant about the temporary playlist is that when you select a new category in foo_uie_albumlist, it sends it to a temporary playlist automatically, the second you select it. It makes it a bit easier to view the songs in a category, as the playlist window is significantly larger than the albumlist sidebar-thingy. I guess it's not necessary, though.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303010"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's the difference when you set left-click with "Show content in 'Explorer View'  playlist'" in the actions tab? 

Reply #76
Favorites can be displayed as the roots now.

Reply #77
..."Show content in 'Explorer View' playlist" in the actions tab...

Wow, I missed that one. Great! I wish it was added to the right-click context menu though, in case I forget what shortcut it's assigned to. 

thank you!

Reply #78
..."Show content in 'Explorer View' playlist" in the actions tab...

Wow, I missed that one. Great! I wish it was added to the right-click context menu though, in case I forget what shortcut it's assigned to. 

thank you!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303203"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whoei I missed the release of favorits, now this plugin is shoking 

it works like a charm, I only wonder if there is a button to show and hide the hidden folders, or if I can make it an shortcut or something

Reply #79
-- sorry dubblepost --

Still love this plugin

Reply #80
First post:
noob question comming up!

How do you use this plugin?
I have placed it in the components folder in my foobar installation, I'm running 0.8.3 (special), but how do you get the plugin to show up in foobar?

Reply #81
I have placed it in the components folder in my foobar installation, I'm running 0.8.3 (special), but how do you get the plugin to show up in foobar?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Are you using the latest version (0.1.2) of [a href="http://music.morbo.org/columns.php]Columns UI[/url]?
And you need to have "list all toolbars" checked in the Columns UI > Other tab if you want to add it somewhere other than the sidebar or in a tabbed panel stack.

Reply #82
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Are you using the latest version (0.1.2) of [a href="http://music.morbo.org/columns.php]Columns UI[/url]?
And you need to have "list all toolbars" checked in the Columns UI > Other tab if you want to add it somewhere other than the sidebar or in a tabbed panel stack.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303289"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use the Columns UI version 0.1.2 alpha 3 (according to the components list in preferences)
and i have no "list all toolbars" under "display>Columns UI>other" but i do have a checkbox called "show toolbars"

oh, just downloaded a new columns ui and now it works (yay  ) and thanks for the help

Reply #83
This component really does rock my socks.  Thanks, JackieKu.

I had one little request, though.  I'd like to have my Favorites folders expanded at startup.  Is this already possible, and I'm not smart enough to find it?  If not, it's the only thing I can think of that's still missing.

Again, thank you for all the time and effort you've already put into this component.  It's proving to be very popular, for very good reasons.

Reply #84
Does anyone success at associating mouse action with new Replace/Add Default Playlist in preference ? I tried associating mid-click with Replace Default Playlist ( recursive ) but when I mid-click, it still replaced currently-selected playlist, not default one  . I'm not sure if there is something wrong on my side or what. BTW if I choose action Replace Playlist from context menu it did replace default playlist as expected ( I checked "Send to the default playlist when add..." option in preference ). This is the feature I have been waiting for 

Reply #85
I have the same issues as tttung.

Nice component JackieKu, really good.

REQ: Maybe we can get some buttons below the address bar, like "Go to parent", back/forward or for Commands that have been added in the prefs.

Reply #86
Does anyone success at associating mouse action with new Replace/Add Default Playlist in preference ? I tried associating mid-click with Replace Default Playlist ( recursive ) but when I mid-click, it still replaced currently-selected playlist, not default one   . I'm not sure if there is something wrong on my side or what. BTW if I choose action Replace Playlist from context menu it did replace default playlist as expected ( I checked "Send to the default playlist when add..." option in preference ). This is the feature I have been waiting for 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303350"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You are right, that's a small bug. Fixed in the next version.

I have the same issues as tttung.

Nice component JackieKu, really good.

REQ: Maybe we can get some buttons below the address bar, like "Go to parent", back/forward or for Commands that have been added in the prefs.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303353"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll consider that.

Reply #87
JackieKu, I was thinkinng about your plugin and read postings here and came to the conclusion, it's often about saving space because the gui resides in the usually small columns ui sidebar.

It would

a) save space
b) totally give the illusion of having a 'dynamic' playlist

if the tree view was completely flat. Like only the right half of the windows explorer where you can only navigate by double clicking folders for a level down, and double clicking the top arrow (often '..') for a level up.

What do you think?

2. I saw you made a "default playlist" option available. You could simply read it out from the fb2k core options (always send to playlist:) IMHO
Otherwise there are zillions of configuration traps for the user...

Reply #88
It would

a) save space

if the tree view was completely flat. Like only the right half of the windows explorer where you can only navigate by double clicking folders for a level down, and double clicking the top arrow (often '..') for a level up.

What do you think?

2. I saw you made a "default playlist" option available. You could simply read it out from the fb2k core options (always send to playlist:) IMHO
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303364"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

a)
I have no idea to save more space. Hide the address bar, icons, and lines. Then set the smaller font might be help you.

b)
So you'd like to have a navigation toolbar. Right?

I think an extra option is more flexible, isn't it?

Reply #89

Yes, it is. I like each component to have its own playlist so nothing gets mixed up.

Reply #90
It would

a) save space

What do you think?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303364"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

a)
I have no idea to save more space. Hide the address bar, icons, and lines. Then set the smaller font might be help you.

b)
So you'd like to have a navigation toolbar. Right?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303365"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1: Do you know what I mean? If the gui behaves like an explorer windows without tree view this would prevent from having any indentation...

2. OK I agree.

3 more things

1) Will you the new default playlist settings to the context menu?
2) Could you pls add "Preferences" to the context menu?
3) On Saving the plugins options, it does always jump to the first tab...

Reply #91
1: Do you know what I mean? If the gui behaves like an explorer windows without tree view this would prevent from having any indentation...

2. OK I agree.

3 more things

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303398"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Actually I don't know what you mean, would you like to have some indentation settings (between child node and parent node)?

a) I really don't know what you mean. Would you like to see 'replace and add to playlist' shortcuts on the context menu or a 'create new "default" playlist' (what's that?) ?
If your answer is the former, I think the ctrl key is so convenient and could make context menu smaller.

b) I will try to add that.

c) Fixed in the next version.

Reply #92
What a wonderful panel - big thx 

Everything is working excellent and so far, only found one bug
(at least my suggestion of a bug):

Foobar crashes with a "Buffer Overrun" when trying to add folder to a playlist like:

Ian Pooley (2005) Brazilution - Edição 5 .3

Seems the "çã" results into this "buffer overrun" as it is the only foldername that causes the crash.

i.e. "rinôçerôse - music kills me (2002)"  gets the job well and no problem.

using
foo_uie_explorer_0.03b3
foobar 0.8.3
winXP sp2

Anyone else who can reproduce this failure?

Cheers from
Snyper

Reply #93

2. OK I agree.

3 more things

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Actually I don't know what you mean, would you like to have some indentation settings (between child node and parent node)?

I might be wrong but i think it's all about the fact that most have one music folder. If you set up this folder as a favourite and only use it to navigate your folders you get an extra useless space like shown in the image below:

[a href="http://img99.echo.cx/my.php?image=fooexplorer3mn.jpg][/url]

How about setting "My Music" folder as root or favourite and actually display only contained folders and hiding the root foolder?

Great plug-in by the way : )

Was waiting for something like that since winamp3 sidebar explorer plug-in.

Question: is there a way to specify a particular playlist to add files that are added via the panel instead of the current playlist? (i am thinking about something along "always send to playlist" option in the Core option tab)

Reply #94

a) I really don't know what you mean. Would you like to see 'replace and add to playlist' shortcuts on the context menu or a 'create new "default" playlist' (what's that?) ?
If your answer is the former, I think the ctrl key is so convenient and could make context menu smaller.

1. That would also be nice but what I mean is: Start an explorer.exe. On the left hand you have a tree view. This is how your plugin behaves and it does additionally show files.
On the right hand you have a flat view, where you need to double click folders and only see the next level, if you double click folders. If you had this structure in your plugin, no tree indentation would be necessary and all stuff could be completely left alligned.

2. Yes I meant the former. Your plugin supports quite many commands, maybe you could make the menu user definable? You already allow user defined entries with the command lines...

@jeanjean: The latest plugin has an action "send to default playlist" where the default playlist name is user def. Very sweet!

Reply #95
1. That would also be nice but what I mean is: Start an explorer.exe. On the left hand you have a tree view. This is how your plugin behaves and it does additionally show files.
On the right hand you have a flat view, where you need to double click folders and only see the next level, if you double click folders. If you had this structure in your plugin, no tree indentation would be necessary and all stuff could be completely left alligned.

2. Yes I meant the former. Your plugin supports quite many commands, maybe you could make the menu user definable? You already allow user defined entries with the command lines...

@jeanjean: The latest plugin has an action "send to default playlist" where the default playlist name is user def. Very sweet!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303456"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. So you want to see the flat view but not a tree? (but I like the tree )

2. The user-defined menu is a feature I considered before, but implementing this feature is so complex(seperators and groups....) that I don't like to do. (Yes, I am lazy.)  I will release the source code with 0.03, maybe someone can coding this.

BTW. In 0.03b5, the 'default playlist' operations do not work with hotkeys and mouse shortcuts. This will be fixed in the next version.

Reply #96
1. So you want to see the flat view but not a tree? (but I like the tree )

Exactly, that would be nice as an option, if it can be implemented. I'd use both modes then. The tree mode for a better overview, the flat mode for most of the time when playing. If there was an easy, but small accessible toggle for both modes, your plugin would be close to perfect.

Reply #97
What a wonderful panel - big thx  

Everything is working excellent and so far, only found one bug
(at least my suggestion of a bug):

Foobar crashes with a "Buffer Overrun" when trying to add folder to a playlist like:

Ian Pooley (2005) Brazilution - Edição 5 .3

Seems the "çã" results into this "buffer overrun" as it is the only foldername that causes the crash.

i.e. "rinôçerôse - music kills me (2002)"  gets the job well and no problem.

using
foo_uie_explorer_0.03b3
foobar 0.8.3
winXP sp2

Anyone else who can reproduce this failure?

Cheers from
Snyper
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303452"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please try 0.03b5. If the problem is still exist, I think I know what's happen.

Reply #98
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303456"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ow thanks. New versions are rolling so fast ^^

Reply #99
You are right, that's a small bug. Fixed in the next version.

Excellent customer support here    . I can wait. Thank you alot for your work JackieKu