Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315597 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #625
Yes, CDRipper is now properly recognizing Japanese characters when querying DB. Though there is a weird issue... it only seems to be ripping track count - 1, do you have an index error somewhere?

Converting now works as expected for me, verify+md5sum and sums match out of the box. But maybe do add the MT switch for TAK encoding, it should be useful in the future anyway. Now the only things I'm really missing is depth adjustment for folder tree copying and ape tags ^^

Some thoughts:

- why not generate as many command lines as there are processes and start encoding, generating the rest in the background? Won't make it faster, but it will _appear_ to be faster. Which is also important
- I don't know if it's possible, but an option to "move/copy other files/folder from input directory" would be great to have - for example, I have a "Files" folder in each album directory which contains the cuesheet, accurip, log and the scan files, in some cases another subfolder with the DVD_VIDEO, etc.

edit:
- for the CD ripper, some sort of CTDB+AccurateRipDB querying would be nice to have.

TAudioConverter

Reply #626
Has there been an update. The 64 bit version was stopping after 8 files and there is no support for 12 thread processors. I had to switch back to the 32 bit software.
Having said that, it is a fantastic conversion tool which otherwise is flawless and gives optimal quality files. Thank you for your hard work.

TAudioConverter

Reply #628
Latest beta seems good  But I noticed some strange behavior with TTagger:
Original FLAC: Track: 1, Total tracks: 12, Disc: 1, Total discs: -
Output Opus using TTagger: Track: 1, Total tracks: - , Disc: 1, Total discs: 1
It removes the "Total tracks" tag, and fills "Total discs" with "1"

I tried to change total disc to "2" before converting. Output, TTagger inserted "1" instead.
Hope you'll fix that issue, and make TTagger also transer the "Total Tracks" tag

TAudioConverter

Reply #629
Thanks for testing the beta everyone.

@ChronoSphere I've fixed cd ripper error. As you said it was some stupid little index problem.
@eahm I'll add custom opiton box for each encoder, maybe you can write it there?
@kennedyb4 max. parallel process count will be 16 instead of 8.
@o-l-a-v "Total Tracks" value is definitely extracted from source. TAC tries to insert default values when a tag is empty so I'm guessing this is why some fields are created when they don't exist in the source.

TAudioConverter

Reply #630
Beta build 2819:
added: Max. process count is now 16
added: TCDRipper track infos will be updated as the driver list changes
added: Custom command line options for each codec
added: Dialogue normalization option to ac3
added: Components window
added: CD ripper options are now located under "Settings Window"
added: "User Email" and "Freedb Server" CD ripper options
added: "TotalTracks" tag to Vorbiscomment
improved: Mp3 stream detection when copying audio
fixed: "Disc no" and "Total Disc" tags won't be written if they don't exist in the source
fixed: Mp2 streams were detected as mp3
fixed: Audio extracted from video files were not placed at the output folder
fixed: Title wasn't shown in progress list for tracks ripped from CD
fixed: TCDRipper didn't rip last track
updated: Mediainfo to 0.7.67

Download
If this version works well, I plan to release the stable version next.

TAudioConverter

Reply #631
Is multi codec encoding still planned for?

TAudioConverter

Reply #632
@eahm I'll add custom opiton box for each encoder, maybe you can write it there?

That would work too of course ...actually even better

TAudioConverter

Reply #633
Is multi codec encoding still planned for?

Do you mean selecting different options for each file in the list? If so, no. Not at the moment anyway.

@eahm I thought it would give advanced users more flexibility  And also it would save me lots of work 

TAudioConverter

Reply #634
Hmm, as soon as I add a custom option to takc.exe, TAC fails to do anything. Says it cannot write the temp files. The option I tried is valid (-tn4).

edit: looks like takc doesn't like custom arguments placed after the filenames: 
-e -p4e  -overwrite -md5  -v  "R:\TEMP\TAudioConverter\{4FD94099-272E-4E53-8560-7E7B0D6A6FA0}.wav" "R:\\\zacate\Music (Azure)\Accel World\Accel World OST feat. onoken\{20DE8EFF-CDE8-4E5F-BDD5-318A90D909E7}.tak"  -tn4
Command line error: too many file parameters

TAudioConverter

Reply #635
I've noticed that too. I'm fixing it now.

TAudioConverter

Reply #636
Dude, I've found the strangest bug in your latest beta: Converting flac to mp3, where TTagger actually switches place between artist and track title! It has happened twice, I had to double check on this strange error.

Settings: http://pastebin.com/aHEGFRW6
Encoder1: http://pastebin.com/72iYkY0q

One more thing. Encoder1-log says TAC recognizes the tags "total tracks", "disc", "comments" and "total discs". Can't you please make it write those to the output file?
Comment is written, but to a <COMMENT COMMENT> tag according to foobar. The actual COMMENT slot is empty. Not using the stock comment tag?

TAudioConverter

Reply #637
Thanks o-l-a-v, I'm re-uploading setups etc. I'm using tag fields listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3 I'll see what I can do about total tracks and discs later.

TAudioConverter

Reply #639
12 processes working well. Fantastic speed bump there. Thanks. Only thing I have noticed is that encoder info does not show up when info is checked using Itunes.

TAudioConverter

Reply #640
@kareha that's really cool. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion.

@kennedyb4 no problem. I have a quadcore system so increase didn't make much change for me but glad it works for you well.

Update 0.9.1 changes:
-Added: Limited CUE Sheet support
-Added: CD ripper
-Added: Max. process count is now 16
-Added: Support for dcaenc (encoding to dts)
-Added: Tag support for APE, TAK and TTA (APEv2)
-Added: Tag support for FLACCL
-Added: Artwork support for WMA
-Added: ReplayGain support for AAC encoders, WavPack, FLAC Encoders, Musepack
-Added: New UI layout
-Added: New codec options window
-Added: Custom command line options for each encoder
-Added: New columns to file list and an option to hide them
-Added: Option to time-strech audio files (thx to hello_hello)
-Added: TAC automatically mixdowns multichannel sources to stereo for mp3 and AAC-HEv2(thx to hello_hello)
-Added: Option to send TAC to tray when encoding
-Added: Double clicking to tray icon will hide/show TAC
-Added: Portable/Installed and 32bit/64bit information will be added to mail body
-Added: Option to disable trimming
-Added: Option to ignore .cue files when adding files
-Added: FFProbe to show information about files
-Added: "Albumartist" is first fallback for "Artist" (thx to jkauff)
-Added: TAC will now use GUID for temp wav files to prevent problems with unicode file names
-Added: "No delay" options to qaac (thx to eahm)
-Added: Option to see codec options summary on main window (thx to whitezombie455)
-Added: Option to filter added files according to duration
-Added: TAC will use 64bit version of refalac when it's possible
-Added: Trimming is now milisecond based
-Added: An option to clear file list after encoding (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Some options for FLAC and TAK (thx to ChronoSphere))
-Fixed: AAC files with ADTS header couldn't be opened
-Fixed: Artwork couldn't be written if copying tags was disabled
-Fixed: Open file dialog filter was broken
-Fixed: "Couldn't find/write to version.txt" errors
-Fixed: Summary for FLACCL was missing
-Fixed: Trimming didn't work for "Extract/Copy audio" (some formats aren't supported) (thx to kolpotoru)
-Fixed: "Index out of bounds" during encode
-Fixed: Huge memory leak when extracting embedded artwork
-Fixed: "Create folder tree" didn't work when file was from a network (thx to ChronoSphere)
-Fixed: TAC detected mp2 streams in video files as mp3
-Improved: Encoding starting speed
-Improved: "Same as source" option will be added to log
-Removed: All animations (minimize, restore etc)
-Updated: FFmpeg to latest shared build from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
-Updated: QAAC and refalac to 2.33
-Updated: Opusenc to 0.1.8
-Updated: Wavpack to 4.7.0
-Updated: LossyWAV to 1.3.1g
-Updated: fdkaac to 0.5.1
-updated: MediaInfo to 0.7.67
-Updated: AlphaControls to 8.52 stable

TAudioConverter

Reply #641
You should seriously consider selling this.

TAudioConverter

Reply #643
Yep, pretty much one of the best around now. Great update, great changelog, thanks ozok.

*The last fdkaac is 0.5.2

TAudioConverter

Reply #644
Hello! It's great that Tau has been greatly improved, but I'm not sure about the new interface. Apart from the visual part, I'd like to mention two issues:

1. Normally, I convert into AC3, and now under settings, there's a "Dialogue normalization" feature. The default value, for some reason, isn't 0, and I can't set it to 0 either. Is there anything I'm not considering here?

2. Also, I don't know how to change the effects ("guard against clipping", etc). (Incidedantly, I'd like to ask if "guard against clipping" should always be set to "true".)

Thank you for time and help!

TAudioConverter

Reply #645
Thanks all for using the new version. I've alread started for working on the next release.

@Vivadavid
1 - I used values stated in the FFMpeg manual. Dialog norm. values range between -31 and -1 and -31 is the default value. I can add an option to disable it all together.
2 - You check "Enable" and set other values. I don't remember why "Guard against clipping" was checked as default but I think it was something the community suggested.
I think new UI is tidier.

@eahm thanks, I should have checked that one myself. Anyway, it'll be updated in the next release.

@o-l-a-v IIRC the previous update was last summer so lots of changes accumulated! Seriously, thank you all, I couldn't come up with the 80% of the TAC's features if you guys hand't suggested them.

@mudlord I considered this before. I think I'll do this if ad-support route doesn't work out.

TAudioConverter

Reply #646
@Ozok

Thank you for your quick answer.

1. Yes, it'd be great if there was an option to disable normalization, as normalizing in my opinion, doesn't make much sense when dealing with videos: correct me if I'm wrong, please. By the way, the way it works now, you can't disable it (there's always a value different from 0), and yet, the Options summary always indicates "normalize: false".

2. I still don't know how to check "enable" to be able to change the value of "Guard against clipping" and other features.

Thanks again!

Thanks all for using the new version. I've alread started for working on the next release.

@Vivadavid
1 - I used values stated in the FFMpeg manual. Dialog norm. values range between -31 and -1 and -31 is the default value. I can add an option to disable it all together.
2 - You check "Enable" and set other values. I don't remember why "Guard against clipping" was checked as default but I think it was something the community suggested.
I think new UI is tidier.

TAudioConverter

Reply #647
1 - 0 isn't in the option's allowed value range, it is between -1 and -31 so you can't set it to 0. I don't know if setting it to -31 (default value) has the same effect as not setting at all but since it is default, it should be. "Normalize: False" at the right shows the state of the normalization option at the "Audio Effects/filters" window, not AC3's option.
2 - Enable unchecked: http://i.imgur.com/Fiwynyy.png filters/effects not applied
    Enable checked: http://i.imgur.com/DNYJaQa.png selected effects/filters applied

TAudioConverter

Reply #648
You could hardcode a check a la if(value >= 0) normalization=false or something.

TAudioConverter

Reply #649
@Ozok

1. It'd be great if other people could give us some information about the normalization values, especially if -31 means there's no normalization. In any case, if you're going to add an option to disable, that's great.

2. At last, I found it! It was on the tool bar under "Filters" (I was looking somewhere else). By the way, one of the filters reads "Change volume". Isn't it the same as (or at least, very similar to) normalization?

Thanks!

1 - 0 isn't in the option's allowed value range, it is between -1 and -31 so you can't set it to 0. I don't know if setting it to -31 (default value) has the same effect as not setting at all but since it is default, it should be. "Normalize: False" at the right shows the state of the normalization option at the "Audio Effects/filters" window, not AC3's option.
2 - Enable unchecked: http://i.imgur.com/Fiwynyy.png filters/effects not applied
    Enable checked: http://i.imgur.com/DNYJaQa.png selected effects/filters applied