Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 239613 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #75
Marantz AV8801... invalid server response.

Is it possible to add Denon/Marantz support?

Reply #76
Marantz AV8801... invalid server response.

Is it possible to add Denon/Marantz support?

Just curious... Is this plugin still under active development?

Reply #77
Works perfectly on Denon 1912.

I only needed to remove my DNS for IP4 once, and then another router-port was opened for fb2k.

Streaming 24bit 96kHz  Rock on!

Reply #78

I only needed to remove my DNS for IP4 once, and then another router-port was opened for fb2k.

Can you elaborate on that?

Reply #80
Hi all,

I use this components with buble upnp (on android), and it works perfectly.
I just encounter 1 problem with visualization in foobar : they don't work when I select my renderer output (they work with the local soundcards)

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Reply #81

Hallo Jesper,

I have encountered the same problem as several others using this plugin (using a Pioneer XW-SMA1-W speaker).
I always get the answer : Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: invalid server response

please can you explain any details on "needed to remove my DNS for IP4 once, and then another router-port was opened for fb2k".

Thank you very much in advance.

To Peter:
It would be great if foobar could support a native DLNA 1.5 compatibility.
I am using this media player all the time !!! - Great work !!!

Best regards

Jochen

Reply #82
I am trying to use this plugin to output to xbmc which is installed on a raspberry pi (xbian). At first it would start playing but I got no audio. And on my Z906 hub the led lights for Decode and Stero configuration would cycle in an animation (Never seen it do that before). Anybody have experience getting this to work?

I read somewhere that it might be a 5.1 problem and that it can only handle stereo. I tried playing video from XBMC to make sure the audio was working,  but now whenever I try to play something in foobar I get the "UPnP device error: network timeout" error.

Reply #83
Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: network timeout

Hi,
I can't convince foobar to stream anything to my external DAC - PS Audio PWD. I have no problems streaming from jRiver or eLyric Music MAnager, but foobar has been my favorite player for last 10 years.... Don't want no river! Pleeeeease update the plugin

I run Win7/64, foobar2000 latest built, hardware: PS Audio PWD DAC MkII.

Reply #84
Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: network timeout

Hi,
I can't convince foobar to stream anything to my external DAC - PS Audio PWD. I have no problems streaming from jRiver or eLyric Music MAnager, but foobar has been my favorite player for last 10 years.... Don't want no river! Pleeeeease update the plugin

I run Win7/64, foobar2000 latest built, hardware: PS Audio PWD DAC MkII.

kap, I have been streaming from a Windows 7 PC to a PWD (and now a PS Audio Direct Stream) using the PSA Bridge for quite some time with no major issues, as have several other members of the PS Audio forums. It's the best way to get gapless play using the Bridge. I suggest you post there asking for help as I know the plug-in works with your DAC. (You didn't say anything about the Bridge but I assuming you are using one.)

Reply #85
Speaking of PS Audio DACs and their Bridge, is it possible to use this component and foobar2000 to stream DSD?

Reply #86
Speaking of PS Audio DACs and their Bridge, is it possible to use this component and foobar2000 to stream DSD?

Yes, I have a PS Audio PWD dac with Bridge, and this plugin allows for full gapless.

Reply #87

Yes, I have a PS Audio PWD dac with Bridge, and this plugin allows for full gapless.

Thanks LouW.  I understand that.  I've been using foobar2000 with this plug-in to stream PCM files to the PWD and Bridge for some time now. But have you found a way to stream DSD files to the Bridge using the new Direct Stream DAC?

Reply #88
I'm in the market for a network player to use with this plugin. But many devices (with a price point below $1k) do not seem to work. I was wondering if we could start compiling a list with devices that do work with this plugin (including under what conditions)? Maybe in a new thread?

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Reply #89
This is exactly what I am looking for, except that it does not work with my Sony receiver.  I am getting an invalid server response.

Reply #90
This plugin works fine for me in general, but if I pause in the middle of a song, it's a bit of a crapshoot to have it play smoothly upon resuming. If I increase the network buffer, I can solve this, but then the times on the players start getting desynced pretty largely. I'm creating the renderer with the other upnp plugin, and using this one to do the output, so I suppose it could be the fault of the other plugin, idk.

Reply #91
Question:
Does this component rely on any Widnows serice like "UPnP Host" "SSDP Discovery" "Browser" "Server" etc?

Reply #92
Did anybody find plugin for upnp streaming that works?

Reply #93
Description:
This component presents any UPnP MediaRenderer devices present on your home network as foobar2000 output devices.

Link:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_upnp

Peter,
I would like foobar2000 to be an always on DLNA server on my WHS2011 machine.  I can get DNLA to work using the UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point component only when logged in.

So I tried running a task scheduler to have Foobar2000 run at boot so that Foobar2000/DNLA might be available without logging in.  Hoping then that the DNLA server component I used above would be available to my Onkyo receiver without having to login to my WHS2011 box. 

Question: How is this component that you developed different from the one by bubbleguuum above that I used?  Do you always have to be logged in to a user account to get DNLA to work?

If I logged into my WHS2011 box and did not have Foobar2000 installed then I would see on my Onkyo receiver a DNLA server instance for the WHS2011 Shared Folders.  Adding Foobar2000 w/DNLA component while logged in, I can see Foobar2000 DNLA as well.  But as soon as I try to schedule Foobar2000 to run at boot so that it will be active without logging in, it kills both DNLA instances and on my Onkyo receiver.  And I see no DNLA servers on my Onkyo receiver when logged in on WHS2011 also when I have Foobar2000 scheduled to run at boot. 

I posted also seeking some suggestions over on the bubbleguuum component thread here: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=895522

Reply #94
Did anybody find plugin for upnp streaming that works?

Unresolved problems with streaming have been reported more often in this forum, but the problem could be related on using a wireless accespoint in-between

Streaming from Foobar (with foo_out_upnp.dll) to (A) my Onkyo TX NR515 or (B) to another PC running foobar (with foo_upnp.dll) works fine via my wired home network, but it fails as soon as I try to do it with a wireless access point link in-between.
In both cases (wired & wireless) Foobar sees all mediarenderers involved.

In case (A) via wireless, Foobar reports: "Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: Resource not found" and stops playing

In case (B) via wireless, Foobar on the streaming PC does not report anything but Foobar as renderer on the other PC reports "Unable to open item for playback (Could not connect to host): http://127.0.0.1:50363/stream.l16"

In case (B) via wired, the console of Foobar reports "Opening track for playback: "http://192.168.1.172:49600/stream.l16" and everything works well

In case (B) via wireless , the console of Foobar reports:
   Opening track for playback: "http://127.0.0.1:50363/stream.l16"
   Unable to open item for playback (Could not connect to host):
   "http://127.0.0.1:50363/stream.l16"

I tried several options but non of them helped:
- Disabling the firewalls on both PCs.
- Toggling settings on the wireless access point "enabling UPnP" and "Enabling IGMP proxy".
- Changing to a wireless accion point from another brand did not work either.

Some other details:
- The streaming PC uses "Windows 7 starter" and the other PC is windows 7 as well.
- the wired network has only switches in-between
- Windows media player cannot stream anymore to my Onkyo TX NR515. It worked once while debugging the issue but after disabling WMP and enabling it agian it fails as well

Has anybody a clou what is going wrong here?

Reply #95
Hi,
I tried using the plugin with Samsung ue40h6400ak. Allshare  recognizes foobar but when I try streaming foobar playback, I get a message "Check your network connection" on the TV. I tried both default port of the plugin, and port 80, with disabled as well as enabled firewall. I stream films with allshare no problem, so I guess it's either a misconfiguration of the plugin or some bug in it.
Can you help?

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #96
Beta 6 has been released.
Infamous Kodi incompatibility bug is now gone.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #97
Glad to see this project isn't abandoned Peter.
I recently got a Sony HT-XT3 and when I try to play anything on it I'm getting:
Code: [Select]
UPnP volume get failure: Action Failed
Opening track for playback: "E:\MUSIC\BIFRONTE~公界島奇譚~ オリジナルサウンドトラック\01 - 暗がり篭ノ鳥.flac"
[UPnP] transport op: Play
[UPnP] transport op "Play" fail: user abort after 0:00.010585
Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: Action Failed
[UPnP] Detached transport op failure: Action Failed
So far only bubbleUPNP and Windows' own Cast to Device (Windows Digital Media Controller) are working as expected. Everything else including foo_upnp, foo_out_upnp, even mediamonkey seem to be using some UPNP implementation that fails miserably. I experimented a bit with a c# ManagedUPNP library and it works but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel and the whole cart (player). Nothing beats foobar2k.

Other things I tried:
- emulating a DLNA renderer using the cast functionality via BubbleUPnP Server - crashes the renderer
- open home renderer - foobar cannot see it

Some function definitions as found out by ManagedUPNP:
Code: [Select]
AVTransport:1 on Sony HT-XT3

SetAVTransportURI {
    Argument: [in] InstanceID => A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID
    Argument: [in] CurrentURI => AVTransportURI
    Argument: [in] CurrentURIMetaData => AVTransportURIMetaData
}
SetNextAVTransportURI {
    Argument: [in] InstanceID => A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID
    Argument: [in] NextURI => NextAVTransportURI
    Argument: [in] NextURIMetaData => NextAVTransportURIMetaData
}
Let me know if I can help out with a dump of the XMLs or anything.

Reply #98
Thanks for the bug report.

For reference, the players that you've mentioned, they do not use the same UPnP implementation.
foo_upnp uses Platinum UPnP stack, foo_out_upnp uses my own UPnP stack, so this cannot be blamed on a bug in a specific library, as foo_upnp and foo_out_upnp are completely different animals.

It would be most helpful if you could install wireshark and post a dump of both successful (Cast to Device) and unsuccessful (foo_out_upnp) requests sent to your device.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #99
Thanks for clarifying Peter.
It seems the hardware players are the ones not following the spec properly.
I attached my attempt at a wireshark dump with capture filter set to the UPNP renderer's IP and here are the steps I took:

Setup information:
Controller (Windows 10) IP:  192.168.1.100
Renderer (HT-XT3) IP: 192.168.1.119
Music file: same file is used in all tests - 16 bit 44.100 Khz flac

Cast to Device (Windows Digital Media Controller)
Step1: Right click media file in Explorer -> triggers device enumeration
Step2: Right click file -> cast to device -> htxt3 -> controller window appears -> starts playing (stopped sniffing after a few seconds)

foo_out_upnp
Step1: foobar Preferences -> Output - triggers device enumeration
Step2: after selecting the upnp: HT-XT3 as output - when restarted, foobar does a sort of handshake
Step3&4:  attempt at playing the same file

I'd gladly provide more information if needed. I'm also currently attempting to do wifi packet capture of my phone's bubbleUPNP controller from the mikrtotik router to wireshark.

EDIT: dump rar includes both scenarios. Ignore the title.