Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC and EAC don't work with command lines options (Read 16925 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC and EAC don't work with command lines options

Hello.

I would like ripping and encoding WAV to MPC with the extern programm mpcenc.exe but there is a malfunction. The settings are here :

With this setup in Additional command-line options :

Code: [Select]
--quality 9 --xlevel --ape2 --artist "%a" --title "%t" --album "%g" --year "%y" --track "%n" --genre "%m" %s

I have this error message :

Even this only setting don't works :

--quality 9

How can I do ?

Thanks...

Reply #1
The placeholders have changed with EAC 1.0 beta 2.

Try:

--quality 9 --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" %source% %dest%

--xlevel and --ape2 are ignored by the latest encoder.

--quality 9 alone does not work because the input filename needs to be specified (%source%, previously %s).

Reply #2
Ok, it's fun !

Now if I want use the encoding directly with the Replay Gain, how can I do for define the path of mpcgain.exe ? The path is D:\Audio\Traitement

With this command, error message :

--quality 9 --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" %source% && mpcgain.exe --auto %dest%

Reply #3
Edit: Ignore what I said before.

You would need to include %dest% in your command-line for mppenc.exe, i.e. before the double-ampersand (denoting a new command)—however, EAC maps %source% and %dest% to temporary file-names that it then renames afterwards, so this will probably not work. Perhaps you could work around this by pasting your file-naming syntax in place of %dest%. Also, you may want/need to enclose both %source% and %dest% within double-quotes in order to avoid the encoder choking on otherwise-ambiguous spaces in the command-line. Son of Edit: Seems I was wrong (probably EAC only does this in certain cases, whereas I misremembered that it applied all the time), so please see the below post by lvqcl.

For placeholders, see also: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...AC_placeholders

Reply #4
IMHO it is possible to do this similarly to http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_AAC

Path for compression:
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe

additional command-line options:

/c C:\path\to\mpcenc.exe --quality 9 --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" %source% %dest% && C:\path\to\mpcgain.exe %dest%

...you need to substitute path and to to wherever you have placed the executable above blah blah blah...

Reply #5
Encoding is still ok with this :

/c D:\Audio\Traitement\mpcenc.exe --quality 9 --artist "%artist%" --title "%title%" --album "%albumtitle%" --year "%year%" --track "%tracknr%" --genre "%genre%" %source% %dest% && D:\Audio\Traitement\mpcgain.exe %dest%

But the Replay Gain don't work. Nothing's display in the console during the treat and no values are tagged in my test file...

Reply #6
Well, the Replay Gain works with this command line but I have an other problem : where are registred the Replay Gain datas in the the file ?

I used Foobar2000 Portable only for the Replay Gain functions and I use Aimp3 for playing my files (Replay Gain functions don't work correctly with Aimp3 : datas found are not registred in the files and values found are wrong).

In Foobar2000, values of the EAC/MPC Replay Gain function are tagged in the file :

But this values are not displayed in Aimp3 and Mp3Tags Editor. And even more annoying, in the listening, the values are not taken into account by Aimp3 for level the volume. What's the matter ?

Thanks...

Reply #8
Thanks for this. But what is the utility of the recording of these informations if we cannot use them in the players ? There is a software which allows to read and to copy out the values in batch in the standard fields REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN and REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK ?

Reply #9
I don't know. At least you can use fb2k to copy REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN value to RG_TRACK_GAIN tag and then Mp3tag to copy from RG_TRACK_GAIN tag to REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN tag.

Or ask AIMP developers to support Musepack properly...

Reply #10
Or ask AIMP developers to support Musepack properly...

AIMP is based on BASS Audio, the version of Musepack dll is 2.4.1.0, the same used in XMPlay and MusicBee.
Both XMPlay and MusicBee do recognize RG values in the file header, so there is definitely a problem with mpc implementation in AIMP.

~~

Reply #11
On the base, the great majority of my musical files are coded in HE-AAC with SBR. I chose definitively Aimp3 because I like the lightness and the aspect of this software, besides its sound high quality. What makes that I do not absolutely wish to change it.

Aimp3 reads all the formats, including the HE-AAC as well as the values of Replay Gain which are registered in files. Problem : the module of calculation of Replay Gain gives different values that Winamp or Foobar2000. That would not be a problem if all the library was scanned with the module of Aimp3 but with the files HE-AAC, only the value in decibels is registered in the file, not the value of the peak.

Thus, to calculate Replay Gain, I thought of using Foobar2000 in portable version. New problem : it calculates correctly the value of Replay Gain of files HE-AAC but does not manage to integrate the data with this format. So that I tried to use the AAC of iTunes (m4a) in command line with qtaacenc.exe but according to what I was able to read, it is necessary to have QuickTime installed on the PC and I don't want to have another additional program which will almost be of no use.

I chose now the MPC for my collection of classical music. Here, not of Replay Gain but I was going to use from now on this format for the other musical styles by integrating Replay Gain. But because Aimp3 does not manage to read the values, I am in a dead end because I don't either want to reinstall Winamp, who calculates and registers very well Replay Gain des HE-AAC.

Is there a means to use qtaacenc.exe without installing QuickTime or other solution at my problems ?

Thank...

Reply #12
I am trying DbPowerAmp who allows to calculate Replay Gain and register values for files in HE-AAC. The conversion and the Replay Gain towards the M4A also works.

Reply #13
On the base, the great majority of my musical files are coded in HE-AAC with SBR. I chose definitively Aimp3 because I like the lightness and the aspect of this software, besides its sound high quality. What makes that I do not absolutely wish to change it.
Please read #8 of Hydrogenaudio's Terms of Service, to which you agreed upon registering your account. Claims about relative sound quality cannot be posted unless they are substantiated by evidence. This applies especially to differences for which there is no logical basis, such as different players using the same output method to play the same material sounding different. I think this might be the placebo effect in action.

Reply #14
Then I correct my sentence : I chose definitively Aimp3 as its simplicity of use, the lightness and the low consumption of RAM (this last reason is an objective datum).