Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341669 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2451
Thanks for the linkup - interesting to get the sources' take on this!
Let's hope zoomorph sees this and has time to adjust it to be compliant to the discogs api ruleset.
c.

Reply #2452
The reason why this is happening is the following: http://imgur.com/a/l10Ws
That guy is wrong on both accounts. All requests are going to api.discogs.com, and the User-Agent was Opera/9.50.

I've now changed the User-Agent to foo_discogs/2.13 to see if that will fix anything.

Release 2.13 changes:
* Unique user agent

Reply #2453
problem solved (many thx for it zoomorph!) :-)

Reply #2454
Will test tonight, thanks a lot for the speedy fix!
c.

Reply #2455
Hi zoomorph,
I found a new bug :-)

beside the parsing error
Code: [Select]
(skipped) Error [release 1110717]: Error loading release 1110717: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.
[ESCAPE to close]

this error pop up too, when the fine component is only updating the album art. (so no parsing of extra release-data should nescesary, imho)

steps to reproduce:
Choose "Update album/artists art" with this release and only activate  "Update album art"
(the album art is fetched anyways...EDIT1: no it wasnt....)

EDIT2: Thank you zeromorph! (and all othes, who figured out where the problem was, so the work for him was minimized (hopefully)) changing the user agent worked and now its been fun agan to tag files with your fine component :-)
Cheers!

Reply #2456
Thank you so much Zoomorph. :)

Reply #2458
I use the latest version 2.13 of foo_discogs and I have the following problem:
Although the Artwork is configured with the File prefix: %album% all the images are saved with the filename: _.jpg
How could I fix this situation?

Reply #2459
Although the Artwork is configured with the File prefix: %album% all the images are saved with the filename: _.jpg
play around with
%IMAGE_NUMBER%
and take a look at my config:

You also can try to press the DEFAULTS button, but I did'nt tried it myself.

Also, in the foo_discogs_help.html you can read about it. -> Internal Usages
(I'm not quite sure yet, if the html-files comes with the disco_gs-component.zip while installing. Just take a look in the directory of the fine component. here, at my computer, it is "....\foobar2000\user-components\foo_discogs\". If its not located there, I'm sure, somebody here can provide it.

Reply #2460
Hi zoomorph,
in addition to the described bug here,

I'd like to add 2 screenshots:

This is shown, after typing the letters "agai" *while* the fetching process is still active.

This is shown, after clicking on "The Root Project"-Artists on the left side when the fetching has completed.

I hope, it makes my words/explanation much clearer.

Reply #2461
Hi,

Thanks for the very useful plugin.

After years of using the plugin without digging into options, I took the time today to disable all the tag mappings I don't need (so I don't need to remove them using standard tagging dialog). Unfortunately, it seems impossible to set the mapping DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID to "disabled", so I still have to remove it manually afterwards.
Why is it a mandatory field?

Reply #2462
Hi,

After years of using the plugin without digging into options, I took the time today to disable all the tag mappings I don't need (so I don't need to remove them using standard tagging dialog). Unfortunately, it seems impossible to set the mapping DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID to "disabled", so I still have to remove it manually afterwards.

Having that field makes it easy to re-tag or update tags later on - you won't have to search for the release again.

If you really want to get rid of it, you can add another tag below it on the list, with the same tag name, and an empty formatting string. This should result in the tag being removed.

Reply #2463
Hi,

Having that field makes it easy to re-tag or update tags later on - you won't have to search for the release again.

If you really want to get rid of it, you can add another tag below it on the list, with the same tag name, and an empty formatting string. This should result in the tag being removed.

Thanks for the tip!

Reply #2464
Hi everyone,
from some time, when I use Discogs tagger in foobar  (tagging > Discogs > Write tags..) I have the answer:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)

[ESCAPE to close]

I also went in configuration panel, but I did not find a solution for this...
Someone could help me with this issue? Thank you!

Reply #2465
Hi everyone,
from some time, when I use Discogs tagger in foobar  (tagging > Discogs > Write tags..) I have the answer:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)

[ESCAPE to close]

I also went in configuration panel, but I did not find a solution for this...
Someone could help me with this issue? Thank you!

Sorry, Now I solved: it was a connection problem that not give me the authorizative key to the component!

Reply #2466
Everything dead again?!  Doesnt work anymore :'(

Reply #2467
A little request - if this would be easily possible:
Since CD rips timings are often 1-4secs longer than the actual play-times of the tracks, they get flagged as miss-matching. Would it be (or is it already) possible to treat minor runningtime missmatches as a "soft error" in matching ? i.e. warn that times are slighly off, but show a it differently than a miss-match on 'hard errors' such as Artist & Title miss-matching ?
As is, slight timing missmatches get flagg as a complete miss-match, and one has to painstakingly compare the 2 lists by hand to make sure there's nothing more serious off before running the tag writing.
Cheers.
c.

Reply #2468
Hi zoomorph,
today my question is:
why are tracks 2-4 (of this release) not tagged with information after using your fine component?
track 1, 5 and 6 are tagged.

properties of the mp3:

discogs website:

Reply #2469
Hi zoomorph,
today my question is:
why are tracks 2-4 (of this release) not tagged with information after using your fine component?

I think it's the syntax of the ranges of tracks - it shouldn't have hypens or en dashes. The standard is to use the word "to", so it should say for instance for the orchestra:
(tracks 1 to 4, 6)

You can see that the orchestra was not tagged for track 1 either, where it's part of a range.
See the credits on this version, for instance:
https://www.discogs.com/Gershwin-Rhapsody-In-Blue-An-American-In-Paris/release/5197259

Reply #2470
another usability-feature-request:
can it be possible to ignore the error like
(FATAL) Error: Error loading artist 8319: Page Deleted or Missing (404)(url: https://api.discogs.com/artists/8319)

[ESCAPE to close]
when auto-search for artists in the find-release-window, IF the Artist is "Various Artists" ?

sometimes, the tags of a mp3 are just wrong and I don't want to switch the "auto-search artists" option each time, because this results in even more clicks, than just cancelling the annoying errormessage, BUT the errormessage is not useful anyway (only in this "various artists" case, of course), because I know, that there is no artist with such name...

So, a (comma separated) user-setting: skip error of 'Error loading artist' when artist string includes: "foo, bar, variour artist"
would be useful :-)

Reply #2471
thank you frogworth,
I think it's the syntax of the ranges of tracks - it shouldn't have hypens or en dashes. The standard is to use the word "to", so it should say for instance for the orchestra:
(tracks 1 to 4, 6)

Hmm.. ok, so the tagging is *silently* skipped because of the data on discogs?

if so, it would be a feature, which I requested, some time ago, because of the big amount of not usable releases with the fine component, when some data on the discogs-db is "broken". there, the fine component just throws errors, instead of tagging the correct data and ignoreing the incorrect data.

or is it just a bug in the fine component? which I suspect, because of the "silent" skipping.

Reply #2472
or is it just a bug in the fine component? which I suspect, because of the "silent" skipping.

The credits can contain all sorts of text. The component will try to interpret what it finds there and tag it in your files, but it bases its interpretation on the Discogs tagging rules. I suppose zoomorph could alert you every time the component found *any* text it could not interpret in the credits, but that would be annoying for users, so I guess in that sense it "silently" skips credits which it can't interpret into actual track numbers.

So you and I might think that dashes of various sorts (with or without spacing, etc) make perfect sense, but the component needs a very specific syntax to understand what's written in the credits. And given that you're also requesting fewer error messages getting in your way (which I fully support!), that's why it's not telling you when it can't understand some bits of the credits :)

Reply #2473
I know... but thanks :-)

Some information in the log/console, or optional for the users whiches to set up. ("silently skip", "ask *each* time to skip or invenstigate => opens browser windows with release on DG....", "present the user a list with failed credits or sort of, at the *end* of the tagging process, while *not* abort at the first error." etc...) there you go. another 1000 possibilities, which could make life easier, or harder. :-)

Reply #2474
Hi zoomorph,

can we have the album art fetching *before* the generating of tags is processed ?
on huge releases, its takes some time and users could check the art files meanwhile.

i.e. now, on a release with about 30 artists, I have to wait about 30 seconds before I can check the fetched album art.

that would be a nice  timesafer.

anyways. just wanted to mention, that tagging is a pleasure, since you started pimpin' the fine component. I cannot imagine, what else to use, because I don't want to leave f2k "just" for tagging....