Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341530 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1250
It happens to happen especially with compilation albums with lots of different artists.
Here, it happens only with artists with a very long discographie, like michael jackson or elvis presley. on artists which only a few releases, the plugin is not having the error message popped up and tags the files correctly.
enjoy the days :-)
p.s. Enable Artist Name Variation (ANV) processing (slower) was disabled all the time.

foo_discogs

Reply #1251
p.s. Enable Artist Name Variation (ANV) processing (slower) was disabled all the time.

I can confrim that. The option was disabled at all times and yet it takes so long to process the page(s).
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

foo_discogs

Reply #1252
I don't know if this a Discogs site problem or some problem with communication between Discogs tagger and Discogs site but when I'm trying to load list of Eric Clapton albums it takes looong time ant than releases list is empty

foo_discogs

Reply #1253
I don't know if this a Discogs site problem or some problem with communication between Discogs tagger and Discogs site but when I'm trying to load list of Eric Clapton albums it takes looong time ant than releases list is empty

Is stated some posts above.

Also, If you take the ID from the DiscoGS Website, i.e. http://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Chris...release/2809203
and paste it to the plugin, it does not work. it gives "discogs error: release id=2809203: no error"

foo_discogs

Reply #1254

It is a discogs server error returning http error "Gateway Time-Out (504)". Someone else reported such failures on the discogs API forum.

Same error in a web browser:  http://api.discogs.com/artist/Eric+Clapton...ses=1&f=xml

I suppose it only happens with artists with super long discographies which triggers a server-side timeout

foo_discogs

Reply #1255

Is stated some posts above.

Also, If you take the ID from the DiscoGS Website, i.e. http://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-Chris...release/2809203
and paste it to the plugin, it does not work. it gives "discogs error: release id=2809203: no error"

Can't reproduce it so must be one of these intermittent failure discogs.com has the secret...

foo_discogs

Reply #1256
Maybe anyone can try this at home? Just to confirm, that I'm the only one, or not...

Maybe i'm working with the wrong settings?

I tried to turn off "fetch album art" and switched of some other options, but with no success. I'm getting the error since last year, continously.

I just type the Number 2809203 into the "Release id or url" field and press ENTER.

My settings:

My personal error:

Used Version:
Author:  Michael Pujos (aka bubbleguuum)
Version: 1.31
Compiled: Jun  7 2013

foo_discogs

Reply #1258
It works fine to me. foo_discogs version 1.31
Thanks.
I now installed a plain and portable version (same as I had installed) of Foobar with only the DiscoGS plugin, and it works... 8-/

So its not a problem of the discoGS website or api, its just a problem with (my configuration or the installation of) foobar. Or the plugins configuration with foobars configuration...I guess, i'll never find out :-)

Thank you for helping!

EDIT:
...and after starting the old Foobar version AND DELETING the configuration\foo_discogs.dll.cfg file, it also worked flawlessly....
(although I selected the very same settings from the screenshots above)

foo_discogs

Reply #1259
I can't edit my Post...

Today I copied the old config back and agian it did not work.

So it must be the configuration of the discogs plugin.

If the developer likes to have a look at the config, here it is.

foo_discogs

Reply #1260
I found another Workaround (than deleting the settings) for the above failure in the component while getting data from the discoGS api:

Go to the Edit Tag Mappings of the component and delete all the mappings you made previously. (as I did at lot)

Rightclick on foobars main window -> Tagging -> Discogs -> Edit Tag Mappings -> Default mappings

After deleting all the mappings, the request is veeeeeeeeeeery fast again and will get no timeout. (I'm wondering, why the request is slow with mappings)

Not a good workaround, cause you loose all mappings and therefore (my) library searches are not working anymore, but better than nothing (literally)...

foo_discogs

Reply #1261
Love this plugin. Thanks bubbleguuum, your work is very much appreciated.

I do have one feature request if you like. If it's at all possible.

Highlighting of matched text when comparing Discogs tracks to the local filenames. Would be super handy. Its already very clearly laid out. But this would make things even clearer.

Anyway, thanks for the plugin and keep up the great work!

EDIT: Also, It would be useful to be able to amend things to the end of album names. I generally add (EP), (Compilation) (Remix) or (Live) to the end of album names to make things a bit clearer. Nothing major. I add them in afterwards as it is. Would just be a nice feature.

Thanks again!

foo_discogs

Reply #1262
Hi,

After (years of) problem free discog tagging, I just started getting an error when the plug tries to download related album artwork:

e.g. foo_discogs: error: could not save url=http://api.discogs.com/image/R-509447-1125441845.jpeg, skipping...

error seems to be discogs now requiring some authentication?:
"You must authenticate to access this resource."

anyone else?

foo_discogs

Reply #1264
ouch. thanks for the heads up Marc!

I have applied for (and received!) my API.

bubbleguuum - will you be supporting user API keys in a future version of the plug?

foo_discogs

Reply #1265
bubbleguuum - will you be supporting user API keys in a future version of the plug?

That would be great - I wouldn't want to miss the discogs plugin anymore, it makes tagging so much easier. Well, atm I tag files and then download the album art manually.

foo_discogs

Reply #1266
Well, atm I tag files and then download the album art manually.

Just to be clear - the tag info still works fine - **the API is needed for downloading artwork**

foo_discogs

Reply #1267
Yep, tagging itself works fine as usual. Maybe I should have pointed that out more clearly.

foo_discogs

Reply #1268
Anyone got an idea on how to include our personal APIs?

foo_discogs

Reply #1269
at the moment, discogs doesn't require any kind of authentication/API key to get release info so it would require an updated component - and of course that would depend entirely on whether the developer wants to implement it or not.

foo_discogs

Reply #1270
What would you guys recommend as an alternative to fetch album art? I did a bit of searching and it seems foo_discogs is one of the only good ones. The only alternative is to search for a good program and use the foo_run component?

foo_discogs

Reply #1271
I personally use foo_uie_biography to automatically pull art from last.fm. Otherwise I have Album Art Downloader XUI and foo_covdow installed, but rarely used. If 99% of your albums already have cover art a simple google search takes like 5 seconds to add cover to the latest one added.

foo_discogs

Reply #1272
I don't know why but last days or weeks Discogs tagger generates error on artworks downloading, ALWAYS (when artist or CD images are present)

foo_discogs

Reply #1273
I just tested, and because the file names remain same the solution is very simple: just replace api.discogs.com by s.pixogs.com in fetch URL 

Where can I change the host? I don't find this option.

foo_discogs

Reply #1274
Where can I change the host? I don't find this option.

There's nothing like that. Must be changed by the dev. Wait for update from bubbleguuum, hopefully it'll be soon.