Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341471 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1225
That sounds weird, where's the difference then?
foo_discogs version 1.30 on foobar 1.2.7 beta 1
Nonworking release link: http://www.discogs.com/release/4632804

Reproduced. This is a Discogs API bug: it returns JSON instead of XML.
I think it is just an itermittent issue and if you try later for this release it will work.
That's the case of the 2 releases mentionned in the previous post, which now work.

foo_discogs

Reply #1227
Good idea  thank U

Confirmed, fixed

foo_discogs

Reply #1229
That's because of unicode characters

8       そして、欲する (Every Still Day)    6:03    
9       出水 (Leaf)

Feel free to apply the tags and then paste track titles manually

foo_discogs

Reply #1232
Aha. So are you treating this as a bug or will you leave it as it is?

foo_discogs

Reply #1233
i'm sure bubbleguuum can work around it if he wants to. i've had to deal with some daft API responses myself. take this title for example...

Code: [Select]
"title" : "Loxy\n\n  &\n\n  \n  Keaton - Judgement Day"

that's 5 line breaks and extra spaces as well. stupid discogs.

foo_discogs

Reply #1234
Hello, I've been using your plugin for quite some time and I find it very useful.
Can you add Barcode and Other Identifiers into tagging? Discogs seemingly added them into their API.
See this: https://www.discogs.com/developers/resource...se/release.html
If you request http://api.discogs.com/releases/1
there's 'identifiers' part somewhere in the output, like this:
Code: [Select]
"identifiers": [{"type": "Matrix / Runout", "description": "A-Side", "value": "MPO SK 032 A1 G PHRUPMASTERGENERAL T27 LONDON"}, {"type": "Matrix / Runout", "description": "B-Side", "value": "MPO SK 032 B1"}, {"type": "Matrix / Runout", "description": "C-Side", "value": "MPO SK 032 C1"}, {"type": "Matrix / Runout", "description": "D-Side", "value": "MPO SK 032 D1"}]

See also here https://www.discogs.com/developers/resource...h-endpoint.html
I'm not sure if it's relevant but it allows for searching barcodes.

I think that having barcodes etc. in tag fields is important for identifying a release. Since introduction of this feature as a separate field on Discogs this data have been moved away from Notes field and no longer available for tagging.

foo_discogs

Reply #1235
Bug:
I wanted to map th Country tag to "MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM RELEASE COUNTRY" (because I use MusicBrainz), foo_discogs crops it to "MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM RELEASE COU" because the field ends there. The maximum length of the tag shouldn't be defined by the size of the text field.

Feature:
Can you add an option that saves the cover(s) into the audio file when possible instead of saving it as extrenal image file?

foo_discogs

Reply #1236
New to foobar.  This plug-in is excellent, however I'm getting this error when trying to add artist art:

foo_discogs: error: problem creating file 104745_1.jpg [Object not found], skipping...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

foo_discogs

Reply #1237
Hello everybody,

is there any way to ADD fetched styles from discogs within the plugin, instead of OVERWRITE them?

For some music, i already have defined styles and don't wan't to loose them.

foo_discogs

Reply #1238
Hello everybody,

is there any way to ADD fetched styles from discogs within the plugin, instead of OVERWRITE them?

For some music, i already have defined styles and don't wan't to loose them.

Edit tag mappings button in the "Release" window of discogs tagger.
Then you can assign discogs information to another tag field or to none.

foo_discogs

Reply #1239
Then you can assign discogs information to another tag field or to none.

And after that I have a "Script" running, which ADDs the field I assigned to the STYLE-Tag? Nice Idea, thanks!

I'll try to figure out, if I can bind a shortcut to the discoGS plugin *and* to this "adding-script" at once, so I just need to press 1 key/button and not always have to remember to run that script after getting the tags from the discoGS plugin... anyone a short hint for this?

foo_discogs

Reply #1240
Hi everyone...i use foo_discogs to tag all of my albums and i have a question about the tag <DISCOGS COUNTRY>....
Is it related to the country where that specific album were released, right? it's not a tag that inform you about the country of provenience of the band/artist, right??

Is there a discogs tag that tells me the country of the artist??

foo_discogs

Reply #1241
i'm guessing the answer is a big fat no. obviously this plugin is centred on releases and it will only return relevant information for that.

even if you tried to lookup artist rather than release info, i don't think you'll find anything. i can't see any reference to country of origin browsing artist pages on the website.

foo_discogs

Reply #1242
i'm guessing the answer is a big fat no. obviously this plugin is centred on releases and it will only return relevant information for that.

even if you tried to lookup artist rather than release info, i don't think you'll find anything. i can't see any reference to country of origin browsing artist pages on the website.

thank you for the clarification
I'd like to create a facets panel that list all the country on the left and the relative artists on the rigth, but i thing there's no way to tag everything if not manually...

foo_discogs

Reply #1243
I the past few days I have started receiving the following error (for certain releases only):

discogs error: release id=3515185: no error

and no tags written. Any ideas?  Thanks!

foo_discogs

Reply #1244
I the past few days I have started receiving the following error (for certain releases only):

yes I have the same bug. I had it with 3 releases out of maybe 20. Very frustrating.
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

foo_discogs

Reply #1245

yes I have the same bug. I had it with 3 releases out of maybe 20. Very frustrating.

Might be a discogs intermittent error. I'm unable to reproduce this error on the 3515185 release.
Can you give me a few release ids where it happens ?

foo_discogs

Reply #1246

Might be a discogs intermittent error. I'm unable to reproduce this error on the 3515185 release.
Can you give me a few release ids where it happens ?

I don't think it is an intermittent error, as I retried several times on several days.

Actually, it happens a lot more often than I previously stated. It happens to happen especially with compilation albums with lots of different artists. I just tried 3 of these compilations, all 3 failed. I am at a point where I left out tagging completely until this is resolved.

It says "fetching addition artist information (long) [well, really? takes 5 minutes each time.....]" then the window pops up and nothing happens.

See these images for IDs

http://imgur.com/a/z1Nye

Used version: 1.31
foobar2k: 1.1

greetings
All tracks accurately ripped

End of status report

foo_discogs

Reply #1249
It says "fetching addition artist information (long) [well, really? takes 5 minutes each time.....]" then the window pops up and nothing happens.

I could reproduce it and will investigate. Probably another  discogs problem they only have the secret.
In the meantime, if you disable "Enable Artist Name Variation (ANV) processing" in the plugin's configuration page, it should make fetching releases instant.