Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341615 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_discogs

Reply #1150
hi bubbleguuum,
i'd like to suggest for a later version, that we (the users of your fine extension) could better seperate the releases shown.
if you take a look at the screenshot, you can't say what is the ALBUM, or the SINGLE of the shown Master of Avalon.
Just add anything so we can see what release/master we are clicking :-)

thanks

foo_discogs

Reply #1151
Hi guys,
First, I want to thank bubbleguuum for this great plugin.
I've been using it for a while and only recently I have no results when fetching the artist list. I reinstalled a new version of foobar and latest foo_discogs but still no results.
I made sure to try with artists listed in the database but so far no success.
Could it be coming from my network or am I simply missing something?
Thanks for your help.

foo_discogs

Reply #1152
Hi guys,
I've been using it for a while and only recently I have no results when fetching the artist list. I reinstalled a new version of foobar and latest foo_discogs but still no results.
Thanks for your help.

Since a long time same problem. Didn`t find solution
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

foo_discogs

Reply #1153
Hi guys,
Thanks for your help.

Since a long time same problem. Didn`t find solution

Untick the "Exact matches" checkbox found in the "Find Release" dialog (see screenshot 2 posts above this one).
That should help

foo_discogs

Reply #1154
Untick the "Exact matches" checkbox found in the "Find Release" dialog (see screenshot 2 posts above this one).
That should help

Artists always be found but never the releases !
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

foo_discogs

Reply #1156
Artists always be found but never the releases !

i can confirm this (at least, replace 'always' with 'sometimes').
i don't have an incident right now, but it seems, that sometimes the plugin swallow up some releases.
i remember being confused when using the websearch with the same pattern as the plugin, the websearch of dg shows more results.
i'll try to remember using the api via the web if this is possible? so i (we all) could test if the plugin shows the same as the api shows.
as far as i understand, the websearch is a bit different from the api?

foo_discogs

Reply #1158
Did more testing but even with "exact matches" and "filters" turned off I can't get any artist list.
Searching by "Release id or url" send me the following "discogs error: release id=3198961: problem connecting to discogs.com"
I have no problem connecting the discogs site though. Enabling a proxy leads to the same error.

foo_discogs

Reply #1159
Just tried discogs out for the first time on a sample of tracks.  About 1 in 5 worked.  I was getting this error most of the time...

Very promising though.  Hope I can get it to work for me!

Zarty

foo_discogs

Reply #1160
Hmm, did you get that error after you selected one of the results? Cause thats one of the things to watch out for, it returns an error if you just hit enter without selecting one of the releases from the right pane.
I love discogs plugin and couldnt live without it. Fortunately, it works fine with most of my tracks.

foo_discogs

Reply #1161
Hmm, did you get that error after you selected one of the results? Cause thats one of the things to watch out for, it returns an error if you just hit enter without selecting one of the releases from the right pane.
I love discogs plugin and couldnt live without it. Fortunately, it works fine with most of my tracks.

Doh!  Ok, user error.  Now all I need it to do is work on more than one track at a time. :-)

Zarty

foo_discogs

Reply #1162
Haha, happened to me the first 100 times I tried that plugin!  Im glad you got it sorted.

I am still kind of baffled that so many people have problems with this plugin (not seeing releases etc). I never had that happen, also no crashes.

foo_discogs

Reply #1163
Haha, happened to me the first 100 times I tried that plugin!  Im glad you got it sorted.

I am still kind of baffled that so many people have problems with this plugin (not seeing releases etc). I never had that happen, also no crashes.

The other thing that when wrong initially was that although I had got to the point where the correct album was displayed, I didn't select the correct track in the right way.  As a result, the wrong track details were written to the file.  I'm not sure what happened exactly but selecting the correct track and moving it to the top of the track list always works so that's what I do now. 

Zarty

foo_discogs

Reply #1164
Yes, that is one of the things you have to fiddle around with using this addon: the track lists must be totally identical on both sides (release title list and your file list) _incuding_ all gaps/empty lines. Otherwise the wrong info goes into the files. That's one of the things I hope will get improved maybe in future release

foo_discogs

Reply #1165
Yes, that is one of the things you have to fiddle around with using this addon: the track lists must be totally identical on both sides (release title list and your file list) _incuding_ all gaps/empty lines. Otherwise the wrong info goes into the files. That's one of the things I hope will get improved maybe in future release

How else do you expect it to know what tags to put to what file? Of course the files on either side must match.

You might want to try unticking "Automatically match discogs tracks to local tracks, based on track length where available" in the preferences. I found this cocked things often enough for me that it wasn't worth using. As long as your tracks are in the correct album order to start with you should be fine.

foo_discogs

Reply #1166
Sorry you got me entirely wrong: that was no complaint. Im fine with it. And I have that unticked, nevertheless files need to be exactly on the same level - what I hope for is a better handling of gaps once you remove files from the list.

foo_discogs

Reply #1167
i also completley do not understand the intention of having blank lines when deleting a file on the right side.

deleting a track on the left side does not leave a blank line, the rest of the listed tracks (under the deleted one) will just go one level up (as expected), why does the behaviour differ, when deleting a file from the list on the right side?

maybe we can sum the benefits here, so i can see how i could use that feature.

foo_discogs

Reply #1168
Exactly this is what was "bugging" me just a little bit: the blank lines on the right side, thats what I was hoping for to get fixed some time. And it is just a pitfall for new users when they update their files and dont know that the wrong info will be written when the files are not on exactly the same level (including blank lines). And I have no idea what this behaviour might be good for, I just got used to it

foo_discogs

Reply #1171
Untick "Automatically match discogs tracks to local tracks, based on track length where available" in the preferences.

(i suggested it already) it would be useful to have the configuration setting *inside* the release-window to switch it on/off in realtime. maybe with realtime sorting, so the user could see how the tracks change on his click.
don't know, but i think this might could prevent some of this "allready asked" questions.

foo_discogs

Reply #1172
Thanks for this great component!

Could you please add an option to remove all existing tags, like the freedb component has?

foo_discogs

Reply #1173
Hello, I find one annoying thing on Discogs tagger, sometimes I get the record for queried album with tracklist in shuffled order, I don't know if that's a bug or a feature, but in case of the latter I don't understand the sense of getting tracklist in shuffled order. It's not due to wrong track order at Discogs as the track numbers do match. How can I make Discogs plugin to sort tracks by tracknumber always?? Thanks

foo_discogs

Reply #1174
Wow, only 25 hours after the last one asked this.