Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413533 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #200
Is a tab version on the way?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #201
Thanks for a great plugin... !
But, how can i get access to edit mode on tracks i submitted. I have submitted some that i would like to correct a bit.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #202
But, how can i get access to edit mode on tracks i submitted. I have submitted some that i would like to correct a bit.

You need to be an advanced user to edit lyrics. But i don't know if you will ever get promoted to a higher level...

EDIT: if the promotion system works in the way, that the admin needs to check all the lyrics you posted, i doubt you get ever promoted, because i'm sure dug has more important work than checking lyrics.
If it's based on the number of complains for your lyrics, you may get promoted, but i'm not sure with that

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #203
EDIT: if the promotion system works in the way, that the admin needs to check all the lyrics you posted, i doubt you get ever promoted, because i'm sure dug has more important work than checking lyrics.
If it's based on the number of complains for your lyrics, you may get promoted, but i'm not sure with that

I thougth you just have to be registred to edit lyricsm am i wrong?
And so-called promoting system just don't have any system  Some guy posted all lyrics from last rhcp album, so was promoted same second I noticed.  I just have no idea does anyone use web-face for something or just I from time to time do.
And yes, there's always something to do...

You are aware of web-interface, right?
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #204

I thougth you just have to be registred to edit lyricsm am i wrong?
And so-called promoting system just don't have any system  Some guy posted all lyrics from last rhcp album, so was promoted same second I noticed.  I just have no idea does anyone use web-face for something or just I from time to time do.
And yes, there's always something to do...

You are aware of web-interface, right?

Thanks a lot, Solved, Now the edit link is there  (And i'm now an advanced user, was ordinary)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #206
bug report:

foobar crashed when i was trying to retrieve the lyrics for the album "Ayreon - Human Equation". The window with lyrics two versions showed up, then it crashed, however the track continued to play.
I tryied to get the lyrics for the first (Day One: Vigil) and second (Day Two: Isolation)  track separetely, with the same results...

EDIT: it seems, that the lyrics version window ALWAYS causes foobar to crash, no matter what the album is

(foobar2000 v0.9.2 beta 4, LyricsDB v0.0.7 beta 3, Win2K SP4)

Same here.
foobar2000 v0.9.2 beta 5, LyricsDB v0.0.7 beta 3, WinXP SP2

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #207
bug report:
<…>
EDIT: it seems, that the lyrics version window ALWAYS causes foobar to crash, no matter what the album is

Yes, seems so. I think I'll disable this feature on the server again, will enable it just as soon as fix the issue…

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #208
crossed 6'000 artists and 100'000 lyrics marks, couldn't beleive it ...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #209
Great news!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #210
I've found some lyrics that I want to edit too. But I am just an ordinary user. Any chance I can request an upgrade to advanced? 

My login name is lexlyrics.

Thanks.

Edit: Thanks a lot dug.
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #211
Anyone else having problem using the web-interface? It worked fine up until today for me, but now it's seems to be gone??

Works fine again now=)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #213
You could make a simplified version (radio button in configuration), which doesn't save lyrics - it just shows them. For me (and maybe some other people) that would be great because I just ocasionally check for lyrics.

It would be easy as clicking on a song, and selecting Show Lyrics ..

Do you guys know if such component exists?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #214
Just click get lyrics and when the lyrics are showed cancel and nothing will be saved.
In the 3rd party components section there's a sticky topic called 'Most wanted v0.9 components' or something like that. You can find there some lyrics plugins that can do the job.

edit: this one. The wiki is useful too.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #215
I don't get it, I copied it to my components folder, but how do I use it inside foobar2000? I can find it in preferences but I can't insert it with columns_ui or anything. Only the options I can find. Could someone please help me?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #216
You can access it through the context menu.
It seems that you think that this plugin displays lyrics, but it is made to downloads them.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #217
You can access it through the context menu.
It seems that you think that this plugin displays lyrics, but it is made to downloads them.

Yes, it was, yes. I am already tired to explain this... I glad to see a person, who understands what the plugin is for ;)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #218
Then what plugin to I use to show them? I tried the different I could find around HA, but I couldn't figure out, how to make them work together

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #219
You Need Lyric Show Panel -- Latest Version --> 0.3.0.0 Lyrics Show plugins for foobar2000
Developed by bluenet
Compiled on: Jun  2 2006

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #220
is it possible to have it search automatically for the current playing song?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #221
is it possible to have it search automatically for the current playing song?

Only if you assign a hotkey.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #222
You Need Lyric Show Panel -- Latest Version --> 0.3.0.0 Lyrics Show plugins for foobar2000
Developed by bluenet
Compiled on: Jun  2 2006

Alright I got it now, it's supposed to be green and scrolling right? But anyway it won't show songs I know is on the site for lyricsdb, so how do I get them to work together?

- Twaize

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #223
Alright I got it now, it's supposed to be green and scrolling right? But anyway it won't show songs I know is on the site for lyricsdb, so how do I get them to work together?

You need to save the lyrics into to the ID3 tag with LyricsDB first, and then Lyrics Show will show them.
Personally i prefer trackinfo for displaying lyrics, as i don't like the scrolling.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #224

You need to save the lyrics into to the ID3 tag with LyricsDB first, and then Lyrics Show will show them.
Personally i prefer trackinfo for displaying lyrics, as i don't like the scrolling.

If I have to download all the lyrics manually and insert them into the ID3 tag, then what is the point of LyricsDB?