Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Getting Real - AAC 320 vs. FLAC (Read 18566 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Getting Real - AAC 320 vs. FLAC

Reply #25
If I were an admin I would block you lot as you guys just destroy this forum with your nonsense. Why don't you go to other full-of-nonsense audio forums and spread your BS there.

Triza

Maybe slightly harsh.
Sometimes comments made from users like Vamp898 make for entertaining discussions.

Reply #26
TOS violation should result at least in a warning. The quality of this forum declined dramatically. I still have to come here to find some nuggets (like how to make Opus gapless, etc), but overall I should make it less frequent and I should read very selectively. I will do that.

Reply #27
I've posted high bitrate ABX tests that show a difference in popular music. I highly doubt additional bitrate would help the issue.

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121068.0

People here talking about the quality of this forum, yet not being able to look under their noses. How about you realise that your ABX results are relevant only for your ears and your gear? Maybe, some of us actually can hear differences and have proven so. Remember the sample of dance music that was posted that killed almost every lossless codec?

This has to be one of the most righteous, ignorant forums ever.

Yes, it's very possible you will be able to hear the difference between high bitrate lossy and lossless. Always stick with lossless where applicable, would be my advice.

Reply #28
TOS violation should result at least in a warning. The quality of this forum declined dramatically. I still have to come here to find some nuggets (like how to make Opus gapless, etc), but overall I should make it less frequent and I should read very selectively. I will do that.

Agreed. But I think it should be you who is given the warning for speaking authoritatively on something in which, clearly your head is buried in the sand.

I'm sorry you are unable to ABX the difference but you are not the standard anchor for human hearing.

Reply #29
That guy claims he can tell the difference 80% of the time,
and you back up his statement by posting what? One single abx test?

I am pretty sure every single person on HA has atleast 1000 songs on their computer.
Can you please post 800 abx tests where AAC-LC at 320 kbit/s is not transparent. Please?
gold plated toslink fan

Reply #30
80% correct rate for a subset of albums means you're just guessing.  I can do that without evening listening to tracks.

Reply #31

I would say that user Vamp898
seems to be a one post wonder.
Maybe they were just stirring it up a bit.