Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac to aac help (Read 9416 times) previous topic - next topic

flac to aac help

An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 2 (0x00000002); please re-check parameters)

I've been attempting to convert my flac file to AAC (Apple) using qaac on and the free encoder pack on foobar but it isn't working.
I'm almost certain it's me doing something incorrectly. I've tried downloaded itunes and as mentioned the encoder pack and qaac file but they don't register properly. It selects the folder instead of individual file idk if that's whats supposed to happen or not but well you know.

If anybody could send through exactly what I need to achieve the conversion that'd be lovely.
Any further advice would be greatly appreciated, a walk through would be savior !!

If it's easier I've heard fdk is good too, so if you know how to do either of the two don't hesitate in sharing info.
tyvm

Re: flac to aac help

Reply #1
Hi, let us know what guide you used and which foobar settings you are using.

I'm using these settings:
- At "Commandline Encoder Settings" i'm using these parameters: -s -V 63 -i --no-optimize -o %d -
- "Encoder file" should point to the qaac.exe file.

Hope this helps :).

Oh, if you don't want to install iTunes, but you do want to use the aac encoder. Then you should download iTunes here:
https://www.apple.com/lae/itunes/download/

Download from makeportable.zip from the qaac site:
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/cabinet

Extract makeportable.zip to the same directory as "iTuned64Setup.exe", then start makeportable.cmd.

It should create 2 directories:
QTfiles
QTfiles64

Then copy the QTfiles directory where qaac.exe is located.

Your qaac directory should contain these files now:
libsoxconvolver.dll
libsoxr.dll
qaac.exe
refalac.exe
QTfiles\ASL.dll
QTfiles\CoreAudioToolbox.dll
QTfiles\CoreFoundation.dll
QTfiles\icudt55.dll
QTfiles\libdispatch.dll
QTfiles\libicuin.dll
QTfiles\libicuuc.dll
QTfiles\msvcp100.dll
QTfiles\msvcr100.dll
QTfiles\objc.dll

Same goes for the 64 bits version if you want to use that.