Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hiccups when minimize and how to stop CDA autoplay (Read 4108 times) previous topic - next topic

Hiccups when minimize and how to stop CDA autoplay

I was listening to various songs when i decided to rip a disc, so i innocently inserted my disc and foobar suddendly decided to remove all the songs in my playlist and add the tracks of the inserted CD and started playing it, in digital extraction mode.

Also maybe this was missed, but when i'm listening to music (classical music is very good to notice) minimize or restore any window makes a "hiccup" sound. This happens with all three output methods. This didn't happened back with foobar 0.52. Anyone else noted this recent behaviour?
She is waiting in the air

Reply #1
CDA autoplay is OS related, so you have to disable it via powertoys (if you have 2k/xp is the easiest way, methinks) 

bye
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #2
Run gpedit.msc

(Computer or User) Configuration, Administrative Templates, System

Open Turn off Autoplay, click the bubble next to Enable, choose whether you want to disable it for all drives or just CD-ROM drives.

Even if you disable it, you'll still get that annoying flashing CD icon with your mouse cursor, if you're running XP that is.

Reply #3
FYI: If you want a less permanent way to disable Autoplay....

Hold the Shift key down for 5-10 sec's after inserting CD.

xen-uno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #4
Thanks, with the new 0.56a, the hiccups are gone

Will disable autoplay... tx.
She is waiting in the air