Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting album flac files with cue back to the original flac image (Read 4254 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting album flac files with cue back to the original flac image

I have downloaded an album image in FLAC format with CUE sheet (album.flac + album.cue).

To play this album in players that do not support cue sheets I have split the album into separate files using Medieval Cue Splitter (track01.flac, track02.flac, etc).

Is there a way to merge/join these flac files back into the original FLAC image without reencoding? I want to get a 100% identical copy of the original FLAC image.

Converting album flac files with cue back to the original flac image

Reply #1
I'm not sure you can re-create the original image because there might be additional info in the original .cue which won't be in your re-created .cue

Other than that, i'm usually using foobar to do this, just load all files in a playlist then convert them to .flac as image with cuesheets. On the new converter interface it's the "generate multi-track file" option
What you could also do is keep the original .cue and then just merge all the tracks to one with foobar and then use the backed up .cue to play the image file.