Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [More nonsense] Converting FPL Files (Read 1664 times) previous topic - next topic

[More nonsense] Converting FPL Files

Is there an explanation why converting fpl files to the other available formats yields inferior sound quality than when the Write CD option is used and creates a CD which is sonically identical when played via foobar to the original fpl file? Write CD is the only method which does this and I am wondering why. The main problem is the 80-minute limitation for audio CDs.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Re: Converting FPL Files

Reply #1
To give an example of the sonic qualities CDs created via foobar compared with the fpl file, play [link removed] via foobar youtube plugin; then, using foobar, compare this flac file [link removed - source not properly cited and sample exceeded 30 seconds in length] which  I created using Express Rip to rip the CD created using foobar.

mod edit: TOS 9
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #2
1) FPL file is a playlist. It doesn't contain any music itself.
2) It's just your imagination, I suppose.

Reply #3
Did you even bother to do the sound comparisons? I know fpl is just a foobar play list which references a location, so what?
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #4
Did you even bother to do the sound comparisons?
This is not necessary.
I know fpl is just a foobar play list which references a location, so what?
But you're obviously not understanding what it means. Try do understand it and make an ABX test, before making statements about sound quality comparisons.

Reply #5
I'll let my Stereophile Class-A rated stereo system speak to that!
ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ