Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3s, start pops and mpeg resync failed (Read 3362 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3s, start pops and mpeg resync failed

What might cause pops at many song changes? I.e. when song changes there sometimes is a pop. I have tried different settings but no help. (Now using DS out, HW mixing, 1 sec buffer, v0.586.)

Also I have about two hundred legit mp3:s downloaded from all over the internet and from games and too many of them cause these messages:
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream error at 4493327 bytes, attempting resync
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg resync failed
This produces nasty pops or other disturbances. Why I mention this is that before foobar2000 I have never heard these anomalies and they play just fine in Winamp and WMP. So there is still some important work to be done to better handle errors?
(Sometimes I also hear very minor pops from the other channel at unpredictable times, but these don't seem to be becaused by any error in the mp3.)

These both problems have happened with every version of foobar2k I have tried. Is there anything to be done to get rid of these problems? *Can't re-encode cause mp3:s are not mine..*

WinXP Pro SP1,
Audigy,
AMD 1GHz, A7V, 384MB

Reply #1
Try disabling HW mixing, increasing buffer, using waveOut. The resync problem is likely due to some form of data corruption in the file. FB2K uses a modified version of the mpg123 (IIRC) decoder, and isn't necessarily the most forgiving when it comes to data errors. It's doing you a favour and telling you that your files are crap.

Reply #2
same here...
foobar 'pops' on pause/depause and not always starts CBR 128 kbps MP3z - just pops and no sound (progressbar moving silently) but foobar NOT telling WARNING - bug remains in silence...

Win2k SP3 Russian
foobar .586
kernel streaming
AC97 on MSI Via KT133A m/b
equalizer + simple bass DSP

Edit: EncSpot info follows
----------------------------------------------------
128 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100.0%
----------------------------------------------------
Type : mpeg 1 layer III
Bitrate : 128
Mode : joint stereo
Frequency : 44100 Hz
Frames : 18207
Length : 00:07:55
Av. Reservoir : 407
Scalefac : 23.5%
Bad Last Frame : no
Encoder : FhG (l3enc)
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Reply #3
use waveout to the guy above. ks on my other computer with ac97 on board is crap and lots of problems. waveout is fine.