Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is for you the best album ever ? (Read 385229 times) previous topic - next topic

What is for you the best album ever ?

Reply #100
Hope this isnt cheating by posting a compilation but mine is:

The Best of the Best Air Guitar Albums in the World... Ever!

3 CDs of the best rock ever.

Failing that ill go for:

Fall out boy - Under the cork tree

Reply #101
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son in 1989 when I was 10 !!!

Very nice, it's my favorite album too since 1989!
But I was 14 at that time

Reply #102
Santana - Abraxas, where the Samba Pa Ti is even better than Black magic Woman/Gypsy Queen, the Samba lets my gf melt down immediately I put it up
When I 1st played this album, this physical result was quite surprising.

Another ladykiller: Pink Floyds Wish you were here - Shine on you crazy diamond , in the 5.1 DTS-CD version!

Queen - Innuendo is pure pain, art, emotion, Queen at their final eclipse.

Mozart - Eine kleine Nachtmusik , this little piece of music tells everything about music, from calm ballad to poprocky eruptions. If you have this with the overture of Cosi fan tutte, you don't need much else.

Technically best albums are Dire straits , of course, but also Jacques Loussier Trio plays Bach, who combines pure bass, piano & drums with the 1st hard rocker of history = Bach. hm, hard rock, best album Deep purple in Rock, I think.

hmhm, already more than 1 really best
You cannot compare apples with peaches

Reply #103
What's the best Album you have ever listend to ?

One album only !
Let me the first : Iron Mainden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son in 1989 when I was 10 !!!
thanks to my Daddy !

Yeah!! Iron Maiden "Piece Of Mind". My most favourite album ever!

Reply #104
Jethro Tull - Catfish Rising

Reply #105
Uhm... are many but having to choose one of them.... 

I choose Art Of Life of X-Japan

Best song that express all the feelings of the human heart/mind and the life too... 

Maybe the only band that has tried to make a song of so emotional high-level. Thanks X-Japan 4ever. [sigh]
The Reasoner at Takusama.com

Emitremmus - the Wise

Reply #106
noone here likes Trance music 

My favorite CD is "A Trip In Trance" - CD2 (mixed by DJ Esquille)
also Scooter - The Stadium Techno Experience (not all tracks though, the best track is "Soul Train").

Reply #107
Neneh Cherrie's Homebrew (1992), 'Move With Me' and 'Peace of Mind' are my favorite tracks from this album, produced like most of her music by Booga Bear (her husband). Her music grew on me a lot over the years, she's my favorite artist, it's a pity she didn't release a album since ten years.

Reply #108
Peter Gabriel - Passion

Reply #109
Angle Dust by Faith No More

No-one managed to get close to it in my mind. It is amazing, because as far as I know the conception of this album was extremely troublesome.

Yes! "Angel Dust." Definitely the first thing that came to my mind.

Reply #110
Thats`s easy:

Wishbone Ash - Argus

Well, not so easy:

Peter Green - In the skies

Reply #111
Hehe, today I actually updated my entry from 2003. Don't you just love these long-running threads

Reply #112
De-Loused In The Comatorium - The Mars Volta

Reply #113

Genesis: The lamb lies down on broadway

orrrrr

Steely Dan: Aja

Reply #114
This has got to be one of the Hardest Questions In The Universe To Answer...

For me, it's a three-way tie between...

Physical Graffitti - Led Zeppelin
The Beatles (the white album) - The Beatles
Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

...with honorable mention going to...

Yessongs - Yes

I base these choices on how many copies of each album I've owned over the years (based on that criteria, I expect that most releases by Primus will be moving up the list...Primus sucks!).
voted 'Most likely to veer your thread' three straight years!

Reply #115
I love these threads to gather music suggestions...

In my modest collection, I will choose

Neil Young - "Decade"

Reply #116
Hybrid - "Wide Angle"

Cool style, very creative work on the drums and strings, includes my all-time favourite track and one of the best mixings/masterings I've ever heard. Awesome!
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

Reply #117
It's always switching between Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco and De-Loused in the Commatorium by The Mars Volta...

Right now it's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

I've gotten really into 5.1 music lately and my favorite out of my limited collection (not my fault they don't release much music to my tastes in surround) has to be Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by The Flaming lips.  It's the most creative and involving use of 5.1 I've ever heard, bar none.  A close second is DJ Play My Blues by Buddy Guy.  The mix on that album is absolutely superb.  He's probably my favorite guitarist too.  I've never heard anyone who's played like him.  Sure, there is no shortage of guitarists who can play faster than him, but they don't make their guitar sound like it's about to catch fire.

Reply #119
Well my tastes grew several notches above when I discovered Pink Floyd.

But anybody knows the "talent" pianist and compositor Bob James !?!?
And his partnership in the GREAT quartet called Fourplay? (smooth jazz)

"Joined at the hip" with Kirk Whalum is one of his greatest albums that I have listen

"Taking a jazz approach and concentrating on live playing, I wanted to use several different rhythm sections and vintage instruments and amps to create a timeless sound that's geared more around musicality and vibe than sonic perfection. The key was to write with specific rhythm sections in mind, yet leave open spaces for soloing." Lee Ritenour

Reply #120
Great thread (nicely revived from the dead btw) and a lot of great music mentioned.  However only one album I've ever heard stands above all the others.  And it's hard choice because it's up against some other really great albums. And that album is:

Ayreon - The Human Equation

It's like taking every type of music I love and blending it together into one massive progressive rock/metal opera.  I love it so much.  Not to mention it introduced me to a lot of other bands because their singers participated in it.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Reply #121
Great thread (nicely revived from the dead btw) and a lot of great music mentioned.  However only one album I've ever heard stands above all the others.  And it's hard choice because it's up against some other really great albums. And that album is:

Ayreon - The Human Equation

It's like taking every type of music I love and blending it together into one massive progressive rock/metal opera.  I love it so much.  Not to mention it introduced me to a lot of other bands because their singers participated in it.

I've had this album scince christmas of 2004. Great album indeed.
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #122
1) Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets
2) Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
3) The Verve - A Northern Soul

Reply #123
Can't decide between:

Pink Floyd: Animals or The Wall

Led Zep: Physical Graffiti

Rush: Hemispheres

Reply #124
The best album ever for today is... "Standing in the Way of Control" by "The Gossip".
Call it garage soul or riot disco, but yes, sir, they can boogie indeed.