Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CDex 1.50 beta4 (Read 4849 times) previous topic - next topic

CDex 1.50 beta4

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/
CDex 1.50 (beta 4)

Changes since CDex 1.50 beta 3:

- Fixed problems with saving profiles
- Added support for Monkey's APE encoder DLL
- Warn if lame encoder is initialized with invalid bitrate/sample rate settings (could lead to a divide by zero)
- Fixed problem with WMA8 Track number tag that was not filled properly
- Added feature to select local CDDB file type (DOS/Unix text files)
- Fixed problems regarding Native NT SCSI library setting and ASPI warning message boxes
- Added feature to digitally play back a CD, so you can listen to the CD even though it is not connected to the sound card.
- Added MCDI tag to WMA8/MP3 ID3V2 files, so in the Windows Media player can query additional album information (Thanks Sam)
- Added support for the NTT VQF encoder DLL
- Patched vorbis DLLs, fixed managed bitrate problem
- Many improvements to the Analog Recording function.
- Fixed crash with WinCoded MP3 encoder
- Better support for MPC encoder (now on the fly encoding is supported)
- Added option in the External Encoder settings to send optionally a RIFF-WAV header when encoding from stdin
- Trim leading/trailing spaces when creating a directory.
Juha Laaksonheimo

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #1
Originally posted by JohnV
- Added support for the NTT VQF encoder DLL 

Oh, the glee!!! Such a great feature!

(Yes, I admit, I asked for this about an year ago. And I'm really sorry.)

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #2
why not:

under setup
-------------------
add 2 new buttons called 'user encoder1' and 'user encoder2' and rename 'encoder' into 'default encoder'  (or something) so one can configure 3 different encoders, even the same one with different settings and apply some keyboard shortcuts for those or maybe change the icons on the right (add few buttons).

PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #3
Originally posted by smok3
why not:

under setup
-------------------
add 2 new buttons called 'user encoder1' and 'user encoder2' and rename 'encoder' into 'default encoder'  (or something) so one can configure 3 different encoders, even the same one with different settings and apply some keyboard shortcuts for those or maybe change the icons on the right (add few buttons). 

Why not create two more profiles for this? Switching is easily done.

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #4
yeah, finally we can use vqf

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #5
Why not create two more profiles for this? Switching is easily done.

lol, belive it or not, i couldnt find profiles for some time...., shame on me
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #6
As I've been told, this new release contains Lame encoder 3.93 Alpha 2.  Since that is nowhere defined as a stable version, does that mean the average user should stick with the 3.92 encoder?  In fact, with the difficulties with the 1.50 betas so far, maybe the "average user" should stick with CDEX 1.40 period.  just looking for opinions..

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #7
I believe most stability issues in CDex 1.50b1, b2 and b3 have been adressed in this version. So, it's not really imperative that newbies use 1.40

As for Lame, you should ask a Lame Dev.

In the past, CDex included alphas for a good reason: The latest stable was 3.70, which had much worse quality than 3.8x

Now, I think it's not really worth using unstable code. But just my opinion.

Regards;

Roberto.

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #8
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
yeah, finally we can use vqf

You could use VQF before, but you needed Yamaha's SoundVQ encoder.

Now, you just need the dll. And it's free - SoundVQ is expensive.

Too bad both VQF sites - vqf.com and dalnetvqf.com - aren't working anymore to post these news.

Regards;

Roberto.

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #9
Originally posted by rjamorim
In the past, CDex included alphas for a good reason: The latest stable was 3.70, which had much worse quality than 3.8x

According to LAME history, previous LAME versions (from 3.80 to 3.89 - 18 months ! ) were BETA, not ALPHA. Just a name, or more « stability » (understand : mistake-free encoders) ?

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #10
Originally posted by guruboolez

According to LAME history, previous LAME versions (from 3.80 to 3.89 - 18 months ! ) were BETA, not ALPHA. Just a name, or more « stability » (understand : mistake-free encoders) ?

Ok, if that's true, and I'm sure it is, then CDEX needs to get their act together with LAME.  Almost always, a new CDEX release, has a LAME encoder that says Alpha when you view it in settings.  Except for CDEX 1.40 which has the 3.92 non-beta and non-alpha LAME.  This can get terribly confusing.  :confused:

CDex 1.50 beta4

Reply #11
Well, see it this way:

CDex itself is in testing phase. (Beta)
So, why not test Lame alongside?

Besides, CDex creator (Albert Faber) is a Lame dev. I think he's acting together with Lame.

Regards;

Roberto.