Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: {featuring request{ db trigger for corss mixing (not fading) for android version (Read 4356 times) previous topic - next topic

{featuring request{ db trigger for corss mixing (not fading) for android version

Wondering please if it is possible to add a db trigger tool into foobar2000 for android mobile.  When the user selects a predetermined db level through settings, foobar will trigger the play-in track over the end of the play-out track, as shown in the below picture in example number three.  All android players seem to play like examples one and two.
The best place to be is where the sun never sets.

Re: {featuring request{ db trigger for corss mixing (not fading) for android version

Reply #1
Three months later and no reply? :)  Hope I'm not coming across as brash, but thought all what would have been needed is some code to tell when a fade at the end of a track reaches a certain -db level, and then at that point, trigger the next song, without killing the fade of the previous track fading under the intro of the oncoming song.  Is this a flaw within android which prevents it from playing two items at the same time?

Had a quick search again on google this morning, and still in Sep 2019, I can't seem to find any app that can simply cross mix (not cross fade) tracks together (like a radio station) for android.  I don't know what I'm missing. :)  Most of the apps like edjing and so forth seem to be doing dj mixes for clubs, like techno and dance music beat matching.  I would like my songs to be mixed like an oldies radio station from the 60s 70s and 80s.  I have the music, but can't get rid of the gaps between the songs, without the horrible cross fading that seems to be the only option at the moment. 
The best place to be is where the sun never sets.

Re: {featuring request{ db trigger for corss mixing (not fading) for android version

Reply #2
You had something like this in mind? Attached is a component for desktop foobar2000 but if people want it it could finds its way to mobile.

Reply #3
You had something like this in mind? Attached is a component for desktop foobar2000 but if people want it it could finds its way to mobile.

Yeah, very nice! After a couple of months of using CrossMix component I can confirm that it does the trick. Thank you very much.

I would love to have it available on fb2k components Web page, for the others to discover this little gem and to make sure it will not fall into incompatibility abyss in some future release.  ;)