Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Azrael 5.8 (Read 319779 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Azrael 5.8

Reply #50
Trying to use FB2K a bit more and am stumped by the following.  See how The Smiths tracks do not follow the "typical" format.  I have tried re-tagging them to no avail.  Any ideas??

Reply #51
Trying to use FB2K a bit more and am stumped by the following.  See how The Smiths tracks do not follow the "typical" format.  I have tried re-tagging them to no avail.  Any ideas??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300993"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seems like the directory contains "single" so they're assumed as single tracks.

Reply #52
Hi,

New to Foobar here, but I love your azrael setup. I want to know how to set up an album art box like you have in your screenshot. I have cover art ready. Am I mising a plugin, or what code do I need to use? 

--thnx
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes you need the albumart plugin by Rexy
Get it: [a href="http://foobar.nub4life.net/columns/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=76]Here[/url]

Reply #53
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300993"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seems like the directory contains "single" so they're assumed as single tracks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301125"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe you are correct...

Thanks!

Reply #54
I have
1) removed the Azrael 5.6.6 release (0.9, 1.3 mod)
2) Moved Azrael Light to its own thread
Read the post for more info!

Reply #55
Deleted!

Reply #56
Hi Neksus:

I did a little modifications in your config...I hope that it does not bother to you 

The changes.

Albums with %album artist% are displayed like various

Added [CD%disc%] in album

Leght and time elapsed in title column (more dinamic for long titles and lenghts)

Bonus, artist various and lenght take the colour of selectedtext or playingtext

Added $puts(album,XXXXXX) in color_scheme and $set_global(album,$get(album)) in Settings global color to make possible change album and artist text colour in Artist column (I suppose you forget added it because is present in previous releases...)

And a minimalist colour_scheme in black,white and grey

Here is a screenshot:

And the config mod:

[attachment=1573:attachment]

Reply #57
I did a little modifications in your config...I hope that it does not bother to you 

Go right ahead!

Albums with %album artist% are displayed like various

This is coming in Azrael 5.7 also!

Added [CD%disc%] in album

Yeah I temporarily removed that!

Added $puts(album,XXXXXX) in color_scheme and $set_global(album,$get(album)) in Settings global color to make possible change album and artist text colour in Artist column (I suppose you forget added it because is present in previous releases...)

Nope I removed that color on purpose!

Reply #58
Deleted

Reply #59
Deleted

Reply #60
The color schemes from 10 to 19 are not working.
ColumnsUI just displays white background with black text.

And finaly the Album Artist tag is integrated.

But as always a great config! My favourite since beginning!
Keep up the good work!

Reply #61
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=306430"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They have not been included yet!

But as always a great config! My favourite since beginning!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Reply #62

They have not been included yet!

Oops! Sorry
My mistake.

Reply #63
First, the praise: I absolutely love this scheme and I've never really used anything else with Columns UI since I found your first FCS back near the inception of the whole FCS trading craze.

Second, I don't know if you're taking suggestions, but there's two modifications I've made to your scheme that I liked having.  I have a directory for singles just like I'm guessing you do, so extrapolating single tracks based on the directory structure isn't a bad idea . . . except I run into a significant problem when the album name has 'single' in it!  So I changed the condition to be that 'single' was in the directory structure and not in the album name.  Worked well for me.

Secondly, I make a distinction in my tagging scheme that others may not make.  Both 'album artist' and 'various' imply a various artist CD, but I try to make them mutually exclusive with 'album artist' taking precedence if they both exist.  For me, 'album artist' means one person did most of the CD or featured most prevalently in it, but there were contributing artists of note.  'Various' means that the whole CD is just a grab bag.

So what I do when listing the titles from an 'is_various' album is I check if the 'artist' field is equivalent to the 'album artist' field and if it is, I don't display it.  Since the album artist is already displayed as the disc owner, and any time there is an additional/different artist they're displayed, I feel there's no ambiguity and it removes the redundancy of the artist name appearing 10 times and only not appearing 3/4.

Just a couple thoughts!  Keep up the good work, you're awesome

Reply #64
First, the praise: I absolutely love this scheme and I've never really used anything else with Columns UI since I found your first FCS back near the inception of the whole FCS trading craze.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=306590"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks!

Second, I don't know if you're taking suggestions, but there's two modifications I've made to your scheme that I liked having.  I have a directory for singles just like I'm guessing you do, so extrapolating single tracks based on the directory structure isn't a bad idea . . . except I run into a significant problem when the album name has 'single' in it!  So I changed the condition to be that 'single' was in the directory structure and not in the album name.  Worked well for me.

This is a good idea! I will look into this as soon as possible!

So what I do when listing the titles from an 'is_various' album is I check if the 'artist' field is equivalent to the 'album artist' field and if it is, I don't display it.  Since the album artist is already displayed as the disc owner, and any time there is an additional/different artist they're displayed, I feel there's no ambiguity and it removes the redundancy of the artist name appearing 10 times and only not appearing 3/4.

Sounds reasonable enough, but I don't use the album artist tag at all!
And if a cd contains more then one artist it is a various in my eyes!
Can you give me an example of a cd which has 3/4 of the songs by one artist and the 1/4 of various artists?

Reply #65
Deleted!!!!

Reply #66
I have a problem with the Various Artist recognition. My azreal 5.6.6 (foobar 0.8.2) doesnt recognize them unless they are put in a playlist with only VA albums. If they are not they just show like random singles.

Is there any solution to this?

Reply #67
I have a problem with the Various Artist recognition. My azreal 5.6.6 (foobar 0.8.2) doesnt recognize them unless they are put in a playlist with only VA albums. If they are not they just show like random singles.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307542"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That sounds strange how to you have your VA albums?
With various as tag or?

Reply #68
That sounds strange how to you have your VA albums?
With various as tag or?

Yeah I think so. I think it could be related to sorting. As you see on the screens the song is listed as VA but is sorted wrong. Hope you understand what I mean 

Song in default playlist
Song in VA playlist

Reply #69
Yeah I think so. I think it could be related to sorting.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307784"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It is sorting!
Try using this
Code: [Select]
$if($or(%various%,$strstr($upper(%_path%),'VARIOUS ARTISTS')),%album%,%artist%)|%_path%|$num(%_subsong%,9)

Reply #70
Yeah I think so. I think it could be related to sorting.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307784"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It is sorting!
Try using this
Code: [Select]
$if($or(%various%,$strstr($upper(%_path%),'VARIOUS ARTISTS')),%album%,%artist%)|%_path%|$num(%_subsong%,9)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307793"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for your help but Im not sure where to put this line. Somewhere in Globals I presume

Reply #71
Thanks for your help but Im not sure where to put this line. Somewhere in Globals I presume[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=307821"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It's a sorting line!
Put it in Preferences -> Core -> Sort incoming files by:

Reply #72
It's a sorting line!
Put it in Preferences -> Core -> Sort incoming files by:

ok , that worked on the albums that didnt have different artists in the artist tag. any other ideas?

Reply #73
Files in single mode still seem to display these lines (above track 1 for example) from album mode.

Regards,
The Link

Reply #74
where do I change the selected item frame color in? Its green and I want to make it white. I am using azarel(rexy).