Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sox compand parameters (Read 5323 times) previous topic - next topic

sox compand parameters

hi, i've been trying to get my head around sox's compand effect and how the command line parameters relate to a compressor i'm more familiar with. for example how the following two examples could be performed with any similarity with sox on the command line:

sox compand parameters

Reply #1
In your pics above, the transfer function (shown in red) can be described as a number of points connected with straight lines.  Take the x,y coordinates of the points (in dB) from left to right and run then all together with a comma separating each number.  You can check that you got the numbers right by using the --plot option to get a Gnuplot or Octave graph of the transfer function.

sox compand parameters

Reply #2
ah... i get it now! didn't occur to me to use the plot option. thanx!