Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1370937 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #1876
indeed. i saw no point in trying to keep up with the original script by romor because that now has it's own caching function. that's the only advantage mine had but now that his does it, there's no point. you'll need the foo_uie_biography component if you want to use it. check the last few pages of that thread for his script/updates.

Reply #1877
indeed. i saw no point in trying to keep up with the original script by romor because that now has it's own caching function. that's the only advantage mine had but now that his does it, there's no point. you'll need the foo_uie_biography component if you want to use it. check the last few pages of that thread for his script/updates.

Thanks to you both for developing your solutions - the review panels are excellent (essential!) additions to foobar. =)

Reply #1878
hi, some real great examples here :)

@marc2003: the thumbs script works like a charm for fetching last.fm pics, but if i try to use custom folders there are some hickups: if the path contains some [] i have to envelope it inside single quotation marks and the title formatting does not seem to work at all (at least %path% and %path_sort% i tried).
i'm looking forward to all future updates of your scripts. i'm dreaming about musicbrainz script that shows url-rels for release and release group :3

however thx for all the great examples here and this great component, it's really appreciated

Reply #1879
[] are indeed special characters that need to be wrapped in single quotes. the same applies anywhere else in foobar where title formatting is used. if you want to display them in your title bar or grouping pattern for your playlist, you need to use the single quotes. this script is no different. check the other section of the title formatting help found on the main help menu.

%path% won't work because it points to a file path. use $directory_path(%path%) to get all images in the same folder as the playing/selected file. and it should be fairly obvious why %path_sort% doesn't work. it needs to be a folder path and the script will automatically load all jpg, jpeg, png and gif files contained within.

Reply #1880
Hi All,
not sure I'm in the connect forum page, but I have a question/request.

Using the all music script gets me no results, because I name most of my albums (titles) like this example:  "album [Deluxe Edition]"  or "album [Remastered]" or "album [cd release Number e.g. CPC2010]

Is there a way to tell the script to change the query string and ignore the part after "[" ... and search and return only the "album" ?

Thanks for your help

Reply #1881
@marc2003

Thanks for all your hard work writing and maintaining these scripts.  Unfortunately, I'm running into errors running your lastfm scripts.  I actually noticed this about a month ago but I held off posting about this until I completed a hardware upgrade and did a clean re-install of Win7Pro x64.  Unfortunately, the problem followed me to the new install

I'm getting the following error whenever I try to initialize any of your lastfm charts:

Code: [Select]
"Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm Charts by marc2003, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error)."

This is what's coming up in the console:

Watching: N:\Music\Music
WSH Panel Mod (Now Playing by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Now Playing by marc2003): initialized in 29 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Simple Biography by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Simple Biography by marc2003): initialized in 6 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm by marc2003): initialized in 5 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Thumbs by marc2003): initialized in 3 ms
WSH Panel Mod (News / Reviews / Blogs by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (News / Reviews / Blogs by marc2003): initialized in 4 ms
WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Charts by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Charts by marc2003): Microsoft JScript compilation error:
Syntax error
File: <main>
Ln: 95, Col: 3
<source text only available at compile time>
WSH Panel Mod (Web Links by marc2003, Images by komodomedia.com and mjm716): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Web Links by marc2003, Images by komodomedia.com and mjm716): Parsing file "C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\tooltip_buttons.js"
WSH Panel Mod (Web Links by marc2003, Images by komodomedia.com and mjm716): initialized in 6 ms
w7shell: init started
w7shell: GDI+ initialized
w7shell: COM initialized
w7shell: running on Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
w7shell: DWM composition disabled
w7shell: all green
Autoplaylists initialized in: 0:00.294776
"ALL" : 0:00.032938
"CLASSICAL" : 0:00.028919
"FOLK / WORLD" : 0:00.022914
"HIP-HOP / R&B" : 0:00.021197
"JAZZ / BLUES" : 0:00.022458
"RECENTLY ADDED" : 0:00.142174
"ROCK / POP" : 0:00.024107
Startup time : 0:01.567823
w7shell: taskbar button create notification got

I'm up-to-date with wsh panel mode 1.5.6 and running Java 7.  The weird thing is that the scripts seem to work, at first, but then I start getting the errors after re-starting.

I'm totally at a loss as to how to debug this.

Hodge

Reply #1882
Simple Biography just started crashing

WSH Panel Mod (Simple Biography by marc2003): Parsing file "D:\Apps\No Install\Audio\Players\foobar2000 DUI\marc2003\common4.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Simple Biography by marc2003): Microsoft JScript compilation error:
Syntax error
File: <main>
Ln: 104, Col: 3

Reply #1883
both scripts are working for me still so it might be a temporary glitch at last.fm's end spitting out some data that i'm not handling correctly.

can you both find this line in your scripts....

parsed_data = JSON.parse(g_text);

insert a new line before that:

fb.trace(filename);

now look in the foobar console and there should be a full path to a .json file. can you send/upload me the contents of the file so i can check it out.

to get things working straight away, you could try deleting all .json files from the wsh_lastfm folder inside your foobar profile. this simply removes all cached files and will force the scripts to fetch updated versions online.

Reply #1884
i've just updated all my scripts. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

note for existing users: all major changes are behind the scenes so if the panels crash, you might need to reset the panel - this will cause per panel settings to be lost (right click>configure>tools>reset default. then close the dialog. right click>properties> clear. finally import the new script).

your last.fm username and autoplaylist configurations are stored separately so won't be affected by this.

a few noticeable changes-
in theory panels won't need updating when i push updates meaning the appearance can be customised by people and you won't have to think about making changes or not updating.
last.fm scripts no longer require an api key. i've supplied one in the script
now playing is a bit different. i'll explain later how to customise panels using multiple elements such as images, cd covers, ratings, buttons etc.
last.fm charts customise the bar colour using the context menu.
thumbs is missing. i'll update that soon.

Reply #1885
@marc2003

I've updated your scripts.  Everything works fine except the lastfm scripts.  I just tried logging into my lastfm account through their web page and it looks I'm having problems connecting.  The problem may be on their end and not w/ your scripts...

Sorry if this was a false alarm.  I'll post an update if anything changes.

thanks again,
Hodge

Reply #1886
@marc2003

I've confirmed that the problem was on my end...DNS server issues.  Once I changed my DNS server, all of the lastfm scripts started working again!

Anyway,  I really like how these scripts are evolving but I'd certainly love to see more config options for the "now playing" script.

thanks again,
Hodge

Reply #1887
now playing is a bit different. i'll explain later how to customise panels using multiple elements such as images, cd covers, ratings, buttons etc.

Cool. I've hacked together my own now playing that adds a little bit of info, I've been using it for a while and it's probably out of date. Anyway, I was just experimenting yesterday trying to get some custom buttons to show up on the right hand side of the shadow part (sort of opposite side of the albume art). No luck yet, but if I'm reading your post right it should be a little easier now?

Reply #1888
I like the changes made to the now playing panel. Not sure yet if I like that you moved most code for all samples to common6, seems to make it less convenient to customize it?

Here is how I use your similar artist script by the way (clicking the text sends to autoplaylist called "similar", so I can actually browse my library through it )

Reply #1889
i was thinking of more simple appearance customisations. what you've done does require a bit more hacking.

i've updated now playing again and have documented how to place panels and buttons etc. adding buttons is a bit more faffing around than i probably implied.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

files changed:
marc2003\common6.js
samples\now playing.txt
samples\playback buttons.txt
samples\web links.txt
samples\artreader.txt

edit: bugfix for now playing just uploaded (just incase anyone downloaded in the 15 minutes since i posted- but that's unlikely)

Reply #1890
Is there a some super-simple playlist script that just shows the groups, album art and titles list? Something very rough. I want to build my own, but it would kickstart me if I've got something to learn on and most of the skins available are too complex to learn from code.

Reply #1891
the only person i know of on these boards who has a made a playlist is falstaff and i think his are probably a bit complex to get into. i did start awhile ago but gave up due to the lack of ability on my part. 

samples updated: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

added thumbs from my old scripts. it does look a little different but pretty much works the same way.

files changed/added:

marc2003\common6.js
samples\thumbs.txt

Reply #1892
samples updated: link/changed files as above post.

bugfix for thumbs: forgot to implement scrolling when in grid mode.

edit: also added some more images so the musicbrainz urls scripts look better on a dark background. existing users just extract the whole marc2003 folder again.

Reply #1893
thumbs & now playing updated again. 

because most images are bound to be artist/group pics, they now focus on the top instead of the centre when cropping the image meaning the heads won't get cut off.

i also bodged the musicbrainz images update from earlier on. if anyone downloaded in the few hours since the last update, they need to extract them again.

files updated:

marc2003\common6.js
marc2003\images\myspace.png
marc2003\images\myspace small.png
samples\thumbs.txt
samples\now playing.txt

Reply #1894
added a new script: now playing with last.fm bio

because of the new way i've done my scripts, this only took around 10 new lines of code in the existing now playing panel. hopefully someone a bit more creative with design can make better looking stuff with what i've done. there are a few comments on how to position stuff in the panel.

screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/now%20pla...0with%20bio.png

link as above.

Reply #1895
Now playing with bio crashes at startup, with this code: File:
C:\Users\Cioran\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 1068, Col: 4
ln 1068 is: "this.ratio = Math.min(this.w / this.case_img.Width, this.h / this.case_img.Height)"

Strangely, some of my old panels (the ones on my screenshot a few posts ago) crashes too now (but first when they try to show some info), they use common4.js so I don't know why they crash? Console points to this line in common4.js:
if (this.isVisible()) gr.DrawImage(this.img, this.x, this.y, this.w, this.h, 0, 0, this.img.Width, this.img.Height);

First I was on an old version of the plugin, but now I updated to 1.5.6 with the same error...

Reply #1896
I have a WSH script which reads and displays a textfile, here is the header description inside the script:
// Draws "<dir_containing_current_audio_file>\folder.txt" in a "WSH Panel Mod" panel,
// or if "folder.txt" is not present, will draw the first text file in that directory,
// or if no text file exists, will draw some default ASCII Art text.

The WSH textfile viewer does not seem to work any more since the last WSH update - can anyone confirm or have a fix?

thanks much!

Reply #1897
@sylla, the lines from both common4 and 6 refer to images that i bundle with the zip. somehow you've lost those from your folder structure?? they are inside the marc2003\images folder.

edit: samples updated. unlikely to affect anyone but now playing with last.fm bio didn't properly update when changes were made to the last.fm username. unlikely to affect anyone as once they've set it, it's unlikely to change but still.... just the script itself needs re-importing.

Reply #1898
samples updated again: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

-musicbrainz releases / last.fm:added autoplaylist buttons to scripts to find music in your collection.
-thumbs: forgot to implement cycle mode. 

files changed:

marc2003\common6.js
samples\thumbs.txt

Reply #1899
Just posting to thank you for sharing these scripts.  I've been using the last.fm bio and the now playing ones for a while.

I have a couple questions, though.

1) Some artists seem to make the bio script crash.  I don't know exactly which ones, but so far I've come across _65daysofstatic_ and _...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead_.  It's not every now and then; it crashes reliably every time when I have one of those artists as my active selection.  It says syntax error and points to line 2486 in the common6.js file.  Any idea what might be causing it?

2) How does the rating feature in the now playing script work? I have the playback statistics component installed and I have some songs rated (in the DB, not tags) and the stars in the WSH panel don't do anything when I click them.  However, if I've rated the track previously by using the stars in the playlist column, it shows the rating I gave it.