Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3 playback order in car stereo (USB stick) (Read 135512 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3 playback order in car stereo (USB stick)

Reply #25
or of course you could just format the USB drive as NTFS
Miss Chief:
"I don't cross the line... it moves out of MY way!"

Reply #26
I've never seen a car stereo that could read NTFS?

Reply #27
I've never seen a car stereo that could read NTFS?

My Sony MEX-BT3600U reads NTFS drives with no issues. It was only when I used a FAT32 one that I got any issues with playback order.
Miss Chief:

Reply #28
My Sony MEX-BT3600U reads NTFS drives with no issues. It was only when I used a FAT32 one that I got any issues with playback order.

Interesting. The manual talks about Mass Storage Device rather than FAT32/NTFS so it's possible it doesn't use the file system on your headunit? But car stereos are still maybe 5 years behind even the cheapest of MP3 players in what they can do which I find really disappointing. Mine doesn't even keep settings if I disconnect the battery.

Reply #29
That will be your continuous feed, check the wiring manual for your car/stereo (will be the 12V usually red or orange from the car side) if you are not comfortable fiddling with the wiring slip into a sound shop they will fix it for around £15 (GBP)

EDIT: Sorry just read that  it is early... I thought you meant when you turn off the car
Miss Chief:

Reply #30
open notepad, copy & paste and save as sortsubfolders.bat in the root of your usb flash drive, double click on sortsubfoder.bat, done!
it work with FAT32, NFTS and every kind of Windows.

@echo off
rem save this batch on the rooot of the drive you want to be sorted
setlocal
chcp 1252 > nul
set  SORTINGORDER=/oneds
if x.x==xx (
  echo Error: Parameter missing: please specify a folder to sort.
  goto :eof
)
if not x%2x==xx (
  echo Error: Stray second parameter '%2' found. This script only takes one.
)
pushd . >nul 2>&1 || (
  echo Error: Cannot change into folder '.'. Does it exist? Do you have proper access rights there?
)
set TEMPFOLDER=zzzzzzzz.tmp
for /r  . %%f in (.) do (
  echo ...now sorting folder '%%f'
  cd "%%f" || (
      echo Error: Cannot change into folder '%%f'. Do you have proper access rights there?
  )
  if exist "%TEMPFOLDER%" (
      echo Error: Cannot create temporary folder '%TEMPFOLDER%' in folder '%%f' because a file or folder of that name already exists. Will not clobber that.
  )
  md "%TEMPFOLDER%" || (
      echo Error: Cannot create temporary folder '%TEMPFOLDER%' in folder '%%f'. Do you have proper write rights there?
  )
  for /f "usebackq delims==" %%i in (`dir /b %SORTINGORDER%`) do if not "%%i"=="%TEMPFOLDER%" move "%%i" "%TEMPFOLDER%" >nul
  cd "%TEMPFOLDER%"
  for /f "usebackq delims==" %%i in (`dir /b %SORTINGORDER%`) do (
      echo    %%i
      move "%%i" .. >nul
  )
  cd ..
  rd "%TEMPFOLDER%"
)
popd
echo Sorting completed.
pause

Re: mp3 playback order in car stereo (USB stick)

Reply #32
I know it's a VERY old thread, but a 10 years Volvo isn't very old... just bought an "old" V60 from 2012 and i had the same problem.
Fatsort sugested by TAKLA in this thread, worked perfectly from my Mac OsX. Just not that easy to use if you are not into programming stuff and used to "play" with the Mac OSX Terminal. Here's is a very good link which explain step to step how to do.
=>. https://unfinishedbitness.info/2014/04/16/alphabetically-sorting-fat-usb-drives-with-mac-osx/