Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv (Read 36636 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_mpv - Video Player component based on mpv

Reply #125
Should be possible already - it's controlled by the foobar preference Display->Selection Viewers->Prefer currently playing track.
The behaviour should match the default UI album art UI element.

Reply #126
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Your example script got me on the right track.

One more question: I've managed to make the mpv window always display when opening foobar, by passing /command:"mpv" to foobar2000.exe. However, I can't get mpv to go fullscreen automatically. I tried adding various things to the mpv.conf, including fs=yes and window-maximized=yes, but neither seemed to work.

Is there something I can add to the config so foo_mpv always starts in fullscreen mode when launched?

Reply #127
Is it possible to dislay album art in mpv window if the art file has different name than "front"? Most of my files have names such as "name of the album front.jpg". Those do not show up as covers in mpv. They only show when I change file name to "front.jpg". Doing that would leave me with countless files of the same, indistinguishable name.

Reply #128
Is there an option to loop video with repeat (track) order?

When track ends it changes from video to album front cover. So I have to keep drag and drop video to mpv whenever track ends.

This is an awesome component I've been waiting for and I hope maybe suggestion or direction could be offer for me to do further investigation. Thank you a lot for your hard work.

Reply #129
One more question: I've managed to make the mpv window always display when opening foobar, by passing /command:"mpv" to foobar2000.exe. However, I can't get mpv to go fullscreen automatically. I tried adding various things to the mpv.conf, including fs=yes and window-maximized=yes, but neither seemed to work.

Is there something I can add to the config so foo_mpv always starts in fullscreen mode when launched?

The component handles fullscreening, as far as I remember it's not synced to mpv's idea of whether it's fullscreen.

If you use the popup only and not the UI components, it should be simple to make mpv go fullscreen immediately using a lua script that just has:

Code: [Select]
 mp.commandv("script-message", "foobar", "menu", "/View/mpv Commands/Toggle fullscreen") 

Is it possible to dislay album art in mpv window if the art file has different name than "front"? Most of my files have names such as "name of the album front.jpg". Those do not show up as covers in mpv. They only show when I change file name to "front.jpg". Doing that would leave me with countless files of the same, indistinguishable name.

The album art loading is handled by foobar not the component, you can change how it finds files in the preferences.

Is there an option to loop video with repeat (track) order?

When track ends it changes from video to album front cover. So I have to keep drag and drop video to mpv whenever track ends.

Ahh this is a bug, I didn't think about this usage. I'll make a note to fix it. In the meantime I don't think there is a workaround.

Reply #130
However, for MKV files, if you are using foobar's native MKV decoder, you can switch the audio track by right clicking on a file, Utilities->Select stream.
Actually, this works with foo_input_ffmpeg too and not only for mkv.

When I "select stream", a pop up window shows nothing, no one "stream", what should I do?

I have ffmpeg component instaled and I can't watch .flv and some .mp4 videos...

Reply #131
Below, some pictures for better explain my above post.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #132
Last time I tried foobar2000 itself would apparently refuse files with no audio stream. Am I right?

Reply #133
MPC-BE and Windows' "Movie & TV" can play the above video files fine.

I just would like to play in foobar2000 because is the only player I like to use...

Reply #134
I don't disagree.

Rather my point is that this might be a "foobar2000 wishlist item" rather than a "foo_mpv wishlist item".
Apparently, foobar2000 rejects the file and does not pass it to foo_mpv.

Annoying as it might be, it is kinda consistent with how an "audio-only" player would work. If it tolerates a file with 1 hour of video and 1 second of audio, it would probably play the audio and move on to the next file, eh?

Reply #135
@sammoth

thank for your nice Plugin, is it posible to activate i or shift+i for overlay displaying statistics about the currently playing file?

greetings

Reply #136
If you insert:

Code: [Select]
Shift+i script-binding stats/display-stats

into the input.conf page in the preferences on a new line, then while in fullscreen mode or while the video player popup is open, pressing shift+i will show the mpv info. There isn't any way to have this shortcut work from the rest of foobar though, ie. when not in fullscreen or with the popup open.

Reply #137
I hope the respected author will take the time to continue updating this component.

Reply #138
I didn't understand how to disable the subtitles and also how to change the language of the subtitles having 2 .srt files

Reply #140
Thank you.
I didn't see the bar, because I had wrong central panel size settings of my edited skin.
I have now solved.

Reply #141
Hello, I'd like to provide a suggestion. I believe this plugin could have another use, which is to display album covers in video format. As we all know, Apple Music has many beautiful dynamic covers, and some of these video covers are likely in the mp4 format.

So, I propose a user-customizable mode: if the user clicks on a video, it should play the video; if the user clicks on audio, it should search for a file named "cover.mp4" in the same folder, and if it doesn't exist, it should display "cover.png."

Reply #142
This component works great, thank you for your work @sammoth

I wonder if there are any plans to make this component available in 64-bit.

Cheers.

Reply #143
I'm using this as an artwork viewer.
foobar2000 - display - albumart - I use it by specifying the back cover, artist, and disc as the gif file I want.
The gif plays perfectly.
Inserting a gif artwork file into a flac file also works perfectly.

foobar2000 x64 has been released, but there is only one reason why I don't use the x64 version!
because foo_mpv only supports x32.
It's one of the components that made me use and love foobar2000.

Reply #144
I'm using this as an artwork viewer.
foobar2000 - display - albumart - I use it by specifying the back cover, artist, and disc as the gif file I want.
The gif plays perfectly.
Inserting a gif artwork file into a flac file also works perfectly.

Such an awesome component (and player). I didn't even know people were using it that way.

foobar2000 x64 has been released, but there is only one reason why I don't use the x64 version!
because foo_mpv only supports x32.
It's one of the components that made me use and love foobar2000.

Yeah, same here. This component is -the only reason- for me to keep using x32. Foobar is my only video player (and audio player, of course hehe) and I have configured the heck out of MPV. (It's crazy how underrated Foobar with foo_mpv, adding foo_input_ffmpeg, seems to be.)

Reply #146
github.com/intrigit/foo_mpv/ doesn't start (crashed foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-11-27) on windows 7 sp1 x64
QC, QA

Reply #148
Does anyone have a clue how to fix a horrible AV de-sync when playing back files with chapters (mostly MKVs built with MKVToolNix)? I already tried deactivating all DSPs and checking/unchecking "Hardware decoding" & "Low-latency profile" (in foo_mpv settings) but it made no difference. I noticed that the de-sync is smaller with MPEG-2/MP3 encoded files than it is with AVC/AAC encoded files (ca. half a second vs several seconds or even minutes). However, if I remove the chapters from the files (with MKVToolNix), they all play back (and seek) perfectly fine.