Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Strange CPU usage (Read 6749 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange CPU usage

Reply #25
Since you're not willing to help by narrowing down the exact cause of the "issue" you're experiencing, it's unlikely that its existence can be verified and taken care of.

The fact is that I tried everything, really.
However, as I said with 0.8.1 i have no such problems. Its ok for me, foobar is a great program, I dont mind using old versions as soon they works.
Thanks anyway.

Strange CPU usage

Reply #26
Since you're not willing to help by narrowing down the exact cause of the "issue" you're experiencing, it's unlikely that its existence can be verified and taken care of.

The fact is that I tried everything, really.
However, as I said with 0.8.1 i have no such problems. Its ok for me, foobar is a great program, I dont mind using old versions as soon they works.
Thanks anyway.

But someone else might someday run into these problems also and that someone might not like to use an older version of foobar. It's best for everyone to get these problems fixed asap.

Strange CPU usage

Reply #27
Have you considered re-installing? I know it's not the most scientific way to solve something, but it can sometimes inadvertantly fix things. Unless you've a good reason not too, I'd try that.

You could also try disabling your sound card (in Device Manager) and run Fb2k to see if there's still a problem.

Do you mean reinstalling my OS or reinstalling foobar?

I reinstalled fb2k several times and even tried the normal variant. Everything without result.

A disabled soundcard in device manager won't let foobar start the playback...
*sigh*

Strange CPU usage

Reply #28
So, to make sure it's no Creative driver issue I installed the kX Project drivers after some research what I could do.

Now I get CPU usage at 2-6% from the first second I start the playback, so the delay is gone. 
Again, this doesn't apply to Winamp (just for comparison).

Anyone has an idea what's going on now? I'm at the end with my ideas.
*sigh*

Strange CPU usage

Reply #29
Do you mean reinstalling my OS or reinstalling foobar?

I was indeed refering to Foobar. I can't think of anything else to try. I'd be inclined to think it's not the drivers, but a conflict with another program - mite I suggesting booting in safe mode and seeing if the problem persists (although, would safe mode even enable the sound card  ).

Steve

Strange CPU usage

Reply #30
I don't think that safe mode initializes the sound drivers.

@mirkocosta: You say v0.8.1 doesn't have this problem, can you provide me a download link for it? I can't find the final anywhere on the net.
*sigh*

Strange CPU usage

Reply #32
Great! Thank you very much. 

For testing purpose there should be no need for the special version because the problem appears also on the 0.8.2 normal version.
Well, I'll gonna find out in a few minutes.

/€dit: Guess what, it didn't change anything. 
I don't have any further ideas except searching another audio player.
*sigh*