Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Combining two audio outputs into one input? (Read 13140 times) previous topic - next topic

Combining two audio outputs into one input?

I am trying to connect my laptop(from headphone jack) and my karaoke machine(audio output) into a single audio input.  I was told that the karaoke machine and my laptop have different impedances, so the headphone jack would need to be converted into a different type of signal.  Does anyone know what part I am supposed to use?

Thank you,

Combining two audio outputs into one input?

Reply #1
This classic article might be a good place to start a search for a passive summing box. You can build one of these things very easily from stuff you can get at an electronics supplier. There are several proper active solutions which will deal with the impedence difference 'properly', but a passive solution will almost certainly be good enough for what you need.