Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME 3.99 is out (Read 297629 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #325
What error message do you get, if any?

Immediately after running lame a windows dialog box comes up "Application Failure lame.exe 3.99.2.4 in lame.exe 3.99.2.4 at offset 0001afa6"

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #326
Thanks for the new Lame compiles but on my windows xp pc (32bit) I am unable to run these compiles. I had no problem running the previous compiles of  Lame.

Same problem here. NO error messages. Nothings happens (in the command-line window it simply jumps to a new line).

I've only encountered a similar behavior with programs that require a CPU with SSE2 support. (using an AthlonXP without SSE2)
Could that may be the case for this new release (LAME 3.99.4)?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #327
I've only encountered a similar behavior with programs that require a CPU with SSE2 support. (using an AthlonXP without SSE2)
Could that may be the case for this new release (LAME 3.99.4)?

You may be right. I just tried AMD Athlon XP 3200+ on Win 7 (32-bit). LAME 3.99.4 did not work when using the same foobar2000 settings that work fine with 3.99.3.

foobar2000 reported:

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741795 (0xC000001D); please re-check parameters

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #328

I am using a AMD Athlon XP 2200 also without SSE2 support

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #329
Hey, I've got a question and I hope you can help me. (I hope it's the right topic)

I would like to convert my CD's new. For the last nearly 2 years I used Rarewares Lame bundle 3.98.4 64-Bit all the time. But deleted it by mistake.
The problem is that I can't find the Rarewares 3.98.4 64-Bit version on their website anymore. Just the 32-Bit version of 3.98.4.

And I don't know if I can trust Lame 3.99.4 because I read about artifacts.

So, my question is... does someone know where I can find the Rarewares 64-Bit version of Lame 3.98.4?

Thanks.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #331
Thx for your quick help! 

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #333
Hi all. I wonder when we will see regular (non-test) LAME 3.99.5 32- and 64-bit compiles at RareWares?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #334
LAME 3.99.5 final version released today (  February 28 2012 )

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #335
A full set of 3.99.5 compiles is now at Rarewares.

For anyone who may have used the most recent test compile; there are no code changes in the release version so there is no need to re-encode anything.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #336
Good birthday present thank you

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #337
I run Windows 7 64-bit, however...

32-bit Winamp uses lame_enc.dll. Do I have to take 32-bit build?
32-bit foobar2000 uses lame.exe. Can I take 64-bit build?

See how confused I am?

Unfortunately, those players do not come in 64-bit form to bring me peace.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #338
Appologies and thanks in advance, because I know this increases the work for you every time a new release is made, but any chance we could get those libmp3lame downloads updated to the latest as well?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #339
Appologies and thanks in advance, because I know this increases the work for you every time a new release is made, but any chance we could get those libmp3lame downloads updated to the latest as well?

Done.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #341
32-bit foobar2000 uses lame.exe. Can I take 64-bit build?

See how confused I am?

Unfortunately, those players do not come in 64-bit form to bring me peace.

I've been there too.  foobar2000 can encode with 64-bit LAME.  This is what I've been doing ever since I recently discovered the 64-bit version.  I don't know if there's any quality or size difference in the result of MP3 files, though.

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #342
I'm getting an error when trying to compile with "nmake -f Makefile.MSVC MSVCVER=8.0 PREC=DOUBLE"

Code: [Select]
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 x86 tools.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC>cd lame

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lame>nmake -f Makefile.MSVC MSV
CVER=8.0 PREC=DOUBLE

Microsoft ® Program Maintenance Utility Version 10.00.30319.01
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
building LAME featuring RH
+ ASM
+ MMX
+ using MSVC 8.0 32-Bit Compiler
+ optimizing for Pentium II/III
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pass GTK=YES to build the frame analyzer. (requires installed GTK)

--- LAME MP3 ENCODING LIBRARY UPTODATE ---

--- HIP DECODING LIBRARY UPTODATE ---

--=* .\output\libmp3lame-static.lib ready *=--

--- COMMON FRONTEND STUFF UPTODATE ---

Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

libmp3lame-static.lib(psymodel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_static_assert_tab_mask_add_delta
.\output\lame.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BI
N\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lame>

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #343
You'll have to remove the /GL compiler option in Makefile.MSVC line 209.
The _static_assert_tab_mask_add_delta symbol is there to do some compile-time assertions, there should be no such symbol actually compiled into the object files. I don't know, why the linker thinks it should find such a thing, when using /GL for whole program optimization.

some variations on static asserts

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #344
Can someone post LAME 3.99.5 builds using MS VC 11 (beta) ?

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #345
You'll have to remove the /GL compiler option in Makefile.MSVC line 209.
The _static_assert_tab_mask_add_delta symbol is there to do some compile-time assertions, there should be no such symbol actually compiled into the object files. I don't know, why the linker thinks it should find such a thing, when using /GL for whole program optimization.

some variations on static asserts

Thank You

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #346
Wonderful, wonderful.
made of radiation

LAME 3.99 is out

Reply #348
Here you go:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jfe1205/LAME/lame3.98.4-64.zip

Hi, was wondering if you could re-up this as the link is dead.

And again: http://www.john1205.webspace.virginmedia.c...me3.98.4-64.zip