Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need detection / warning on filenames too long (Read 1939 times) previous topic - next topic

Need detection / warning on filenames too long

I have just discovered CutTools (v2.0.9) and am very pleased to have it.

In the interest of making it better, here's a serious problem I encountered and what I hope is a simple fix.  For a combination of reasons, splitting a large FLAC resulted in one file not being extracted.  I'm pretty sure this is because the total path + filename was too long for Windows.

The problem is that CT didn't show any warning that one file had been skipped.  I deleted the big FLAC before I realized that and so can't recover.

==>  I suggest that CT warn whenever the OS fails to create a file that CT has requested.  If this can't be done, a fallback might be for CT to check afterwards to see if there were as many files created as the cue sheet called for.

Thanks for a great tool.

Arbie