Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559392 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5425
Take a look at the preferences of this component. You can enable/ disable Peakmeter and Spectrum analyzer, change colors, etc.

Columns UI

Reply #5426
And can I get the same appearence using this settings? I tried. I did not get
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Columns UI

Reply #5427
sorry if this has already been asked for....

i have a feature request for the CUI filters. would it possible for them to remember the previous selections when foobar is restarted?

Columns UI

Reply #5428
I don't know if this is correct (item details):

[font= "Lucida Console"]$set_font(,20)
%title%
$set_font(,14)
$crlf()
%album%[/font]

Above generates CR/LF with size 20 and not 14, but if we put space character in front of $crlf() then CR/LF will be with size 14:

[font= "Lucida Console"]$set_font(,20)
%title%
$set_font(,14)
 $crlf()
%album%[/font]

[edit] also there seems to be issue with aligning "centre" or "right" when line is greater than panel (with no word wrap)

Columns UI

Reply #5429
I can confirm this. I had the same problem when I used Item Details.

Columns UI

Reply #5430
Hi musicmusic,

I have a feature request for the Albumlist panel. Would it be possible to set the "data source" of the album list panel to be the current playlist, that is, the albumlist lists only the items that are in the current playlist.

EDIT: and clicking on an item on the albumlist would jump to that item on the playlist.

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5431
Anyone got an alternative download link to the latest version? The site seems down.

Columns UI

Reply #5432
Hi.

Does anyone know how to get the artist name to appear under the song title and the codec or bit rate to appear under the duration (example) in the NG Playlist view?

Columns UI

Reply #5433
I believe that that setup linked uses EL Playlist not NG Playlist, (which does not support multiple lines for a single item.)

Columns UI

Reply #5434
I believe that that setup linked uses EL Playlist not NG Playlist, (which does not support multiple lines for a single item.)

Aw, that's too bad, I really like the NG Playlist the best. Has there already been a request for this feature? If not, I would like to request that it be incorporated.

Columns UI

Reply #5435
Anyone got an alternative download link to the latest version? The site seems down.

It works again.

Columns UI

Reply #5436
is it possible to make the playlist tabs draggable (like firefox tabs)?

i know that there are the move left and move right context menu entries, but they seem somewhat cumbersome to me...

Columns UI

Reply #5437
is it possible to make the playlist tabs draggable (like firefox tabs)?
Preferences - Display - Columns UI - Playlist Switcher - Allow playlist rearrange [...]

Columns UI

Reply #5438
@Squeller:

Thank you, I must've missed that one!

Columns UI

Reply #5439
@musicmusic

Do you have any plans when collapsable/expandable groups will be possible? It seem to be on top of your to-do list

@musicmusic: Would be great if you could add customized action for left-click instead of default "Play"

Reason: Useful for partying to avoid playlist hijacking or when I'm in "edit"-mode while listening to music I often accidentially click a track.
Do you want it to do nothing in those situations?

It could be nothing or enqueue i.e.

When collapsable groups is implemented, it would be nice with a customized left-click feature. When I'm updating all my albums with discogs or MB info, I could assign these commands. Currently I'm stuck with ELplaylist, and with a collection of 45000 tracks and many autoplaylists, this playlist view is REAAAAALLY slow (even with all features disabled)
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5440
I guess this can be easily done: "toolbar header" panel?

Columns UI

Reply #5441
I got PMed, and I'll try to explain about "toolbar header"
To get the feeling about "toolbar header": Try using DUI element "toolbar header" (outside main and only toolbar as is in CUI) and place some toolbars inside
Maybe not everyone's wish, but some toolbars looks better when thay are on "toolbar header" than just placed as panels, and for example using "dbsearch demo" toolbar outside main toolbar is impossible
Then it would be also nice if user can have the ability to put more "toolbar buttons" then just one as is now - i.e. I often wanted some 2-3 buttons placed apart from main toolbar buttons

Columns UI

Reply #5442
@musicmusic:

sorry, if this has been asked before. Can I set the color for selected items in albumlist panel? It´s disabled in the Colors and Fonts section.

Columns UI

Reply #5443
While I'm at it: Is it planned to have the ability to disable the album art for certain groups? I'm thinking of displaying album art only if the number of items in the group is equal %totaltracks%. This would be extremely useful for playlists with full albums and single tracks mixed. It would also be possible to display album art only for albums which have more tracks than just two or three. Saves space.
Maybe just a (setting for the) minimum number of tracks in a group before displayed the art.

Thinking about this some more, I don't think that a static minimum tracks setting would suffice. It would for sure save space with singles and EPs, but I believe it would be much more comfortable to be able to define a condition via titleformatting in the grouping preferences.
Something like $equal(%group_count%,%totaltracks%), would display art only albums where all tracks are present and one could disable the art display for tracks without album tag as well.
I can't estimate how much work that would be though, but it was nice if you'd consider this.

Any news on this? As ColumnsPlaylist wont get updated any more, IMHO NGPlaylist should get overhauled that far, that single- and album-tracks can be listed as defined groups in one playlist.. the group-count-thing, albums will be grouped if album-track-count is greater a custom number, everything else gets grouped and sorted as single-track-group at bottom or top, defintion possible.
An own space-wasting 'group' for each single-track isn't that eye-candy and userfriendly, with all the space between the single-tracs selecting tracks results in heavy scrolling and tiring OCR 

Columns UI

Reply #5444
there is an item use custom active item frame in preferences - display - columns ui - colors and fonts - colors (element - columns play-list)

if it's not selected, an outline (of the whole line in play-list) consists of small dots. they irritate me a lot
any colour of an outline is also not acceptable for me (neither colour of play-list's background, nor the colour of the selected track)

i really need to get rid of any kind of outline (which appears very often, for example, after deleting of any track from list). is there any way to do it (i have 0.9.6.4) ?

Columns UI

Reply #5445
sorry, if this has been asked before. Can I set the color for selected items in albumlist panel? It´s disabled in the Colors and Fonts section.

can anybody help on this?

Or does anybody know from where these colors are taken (system?)? I didn´t find anything somewhere else (e.g. global)...

Columns UI

Reply #5446
File> Preferences> Display> Columns UI> Playlist view> "General" Tab> "Action to perform when middle clicking on a playlist item:"

I stumbled across this issue while reading this post. Under the current Columns UI if I select multiple playlist entries (with shift+leftclick, ctrl+leftclick, etc) and then middleclick on a selected entry, the action I have set for the above setting is only executed for the entry I click on and not for all the entries of the selection.

I do not know if this is intended behavior or simply an oversight in coding. Seeing as how other actions, particularly those from the rightclick menu, are performed on every entry of a selection I expected middleclick action to also be performed for every entry. Furthermore if one were to middleclick on a group header I would expect the above action to be performed for the entire group in much the same way as leftclick on a header selects the entire group or rightclick actions modify all entries of the group. This could be an easy way to queue or remove entire albums from a playlist with a simple click.

Bottom line: I would like to request that this behavior be changed to affect all entries of a selection (or group when clicking on a header) unless someone has good reasons to the contrary.

Columns UI

Reply #5448
If I middle click an item in Windows Explorer it doesn't select it. Neither does it seem to in any other standard controls. Therefore I do not agree with your premise that middle clicking has anything to do with selections.

I do agree it could/should work on groups, though as I recall there are a few things that don't at the moment.

Columns UI

Reply #5449

can anybody help on this?

Or does anybody know from where these colors are taken (system?)? I didn´t find anything somewhere else (e.g. global)...
They cannot be changed within Columns UI, the location of the system settings that control these colours differs between OSs but they are there.