Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSU Channel Bleed issue (Read 1720 times) previous topic - next topic

DSU Channel Bleed issue

I have an Onkyo TX SR393 system. Connected to it is my Xbox one as well as a Comcast DTA (supports stereo sound only). I've noticed that whenever I consume content that is just 2 channel (via Comcast DTA and through some Xbox one media apps) I hear sounds designed for the front and center channels bleeding into the right surround speaker, doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to be irritating. Seems to happen more with stereo content rather than native 5.1 content. Switching over to DTS Neural/Virtual X...This issue is non-existent across 2 channel content and even 5.1 content. Another factor to note is that except when playing games or using apps that support surround sound I have my Xbox one set to Stereo Uncompressed, otherwise I don't get sound from the center channel or sub. Any explanation as to why this is happening and how to fix it?