Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble installing latest Monkey Audio plugin for Winamp (Read 7691 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble installing latest Monkey Audio plugin for Winamp

I downloaded the latest copy of Monkey Audio (4.06), which includes the new plugin for Winamp.  However, when I tried to install the plugin, I got an error message that said the file couldn't be opened.  I tried downloading and installing the plugin directly and got the same error message.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you manage to solve it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Trouble installing latest Monkey Audio plugin for Winamp

Reply #1
Never mind.  I solved the problem.  For some reason, I wasn't being allowed to install the plugin directly into the Winamp folder.  I tried installing it in my documents folder and it worked.  I then just copied and pasted the plugin into the Winamp plugins folder.  I can now play and convert APE files with Winamp.