Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Song ratings missing (Read 2562 times) previous topic - next topic

Song ratings missing

Hello.
I'm new to Foobar2000. I was trying to remote control Foobar using my android phone and installed some foobar addon. After that I lost all my song ratings (had a lot of them).

Is there any way to get them back?

Song ratings missing

Reply #1
Specifying the identity of this “some addon” might help, as might providing information about your other installed components (within codebox tags), the format of the affected files and their tags, what exactly you did and when, what exactly happened next, etc.

Please refer to the prominently advertised rules of this subforum for more advice on how to request help in an effective way.

Song ratings missing

Reply #2
My library consists only of FLAC audio files. I installed foo-httpcontrol  and foo playcount.

Looks like my problems are because of foo_playcount. I found that I could acsses my ratings through  $meta(rating)    however I'm not sure how to do this.  I just need to create auto-playlists based on ratings. i would appreciate any help...

Song ratings missing

Reply #3
Looks like my problems are because of foo_playcount. I found that I could acsses my ratings through  $meta(rating)
Oh, right. Yes, foo_playcount hooks the function %rating% for use with its own database. Ratings written to metadata within files are, as you said, still accessible via $meta(rating). This is documented here.

however I'm not sure how to do this.  I just need to create auto-playlists based on ratings. i would appreciate any help...
As the above suggests, it’s exactly as simple as going through your title-formatting code and other syntax and replacing any references to %rating% by $meta(rating).