Skip to main content

Topic: flac troubles (Read 2100 times) previous topic - next topic

• ehreming
  • [*]
flac troubles
newbie here. i just downloaded foobar2000 and the flac plugin. i have some indigo girls and sci flac files that i also had trouble decoding with FLAC Frontend (help with that too?!  i keep getting the FLAC_STREAM_ERROR_DECODER_STATUS_....) anyway i downloaded foobar to listen to these files and i get this:

INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t3.flac" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t3.flac" (0)
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t6.flac" (0)
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://C:\Documents and Settings\ehreming\My Documents\BitTorrent\sci2005-10-20.rodeNT4.flac16\sci2005-10-20d1t6.flac" (0)

i'm new to this whole music trading/downloading thing so any other programs/advice you have to offer would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance for help.

• ehreming
  • [*]
flac troubles
Reply #1
seriously? this has been looked at 66 times and no one even has a suggestion?

• Mono
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Members (Donating)
flac troubles
Reply #2
Since it had an error decoding with FLAC frontend something is wrong with your files. Seeing as you used BitTorrent, is it possible you didn't get a complete downloaded?
"Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored."
—Aldous Huxley

• ehreming
  • [*]
flac troubles
Reply #3
now there's a good man. and from alabama too just like me 

thanks alot for that. so do you recommend i switch from bittorrent to something else or just try to redownload the things?

• anza
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
flac troubles
Reply #4
Redownload.

Or just reopen the torrent and let it really finish the download. Some BT clients report 100% download before it's actually 100% ready. You might have to wait for it to say "finished", "completed" or something like that.