Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie in foobar (Read 1617 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie in foobar

Hello ppl, i'm a winamp fanboy since the old times and everytime i tried foobar i never get the library to work as i want.

Basically my music folder structure is;
>MP3 Folder
      >Genre 1
           >Artist - Album - Year - ID (release name, ripping method or other stuff)
      >Genre 2

Then on my winamp plugin i see the albuns like this:
https://imgur.com/a/WHQMvIU

Is there any easy config to do the same in foobar?

Thanks!

Re: Newbie in foobar

Reply #1
Hi there,

Folder structure perhaps does not matter as music is generally sorted by tags (although you can use folders).

Try the foo_facets plug-in to have a column based library view. You could make a column that combines %artist% - %album% rather than having them in separate columns. Then enable multiple columns and add a %date% one. See the documentation for help.

Cheers 8)

Reply #2
thanks for the help...the problem is "just" to use de folder name as an item on library, the year on another column it's not a problem for me.

i want the library to detect folder with media and add them to library parsin the folder name (artist - album - year - stuff)

Reply #3
wow...it's was so simple as put "%_directoryname%|%tracknumber%. %artist% - %title%" as view script.

next step will be to parse one by one...

$puts(index, $strstr(%_directoryname%,' - ')) >
$put(artista, $substr(%_directoryname%,0,index)) >
$puts(resto, $substr(%_directoryname%,index, $len(%_directoryname%)))

$puts(index, $strstr($get(resto),' - '))
$put(album, $substr($get(resto),0,index))
$puts(resto, $substr($get(resto),$get(index), $len($get(resto))))

$puts(index, $strstr($get(resto),' - '))
$put(year, $substr($get(resto),0,index))
$put(resto, $substr($get(resto),$get(index), $len($get(resto))))

not working but i'll get there.

thanks anamorphic to alert me to documentation from a component!