Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 2.92 out! (Read 19746 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #50
It's a shame, the CD ripper supports r3mix but doesn't supports --alt-presets. >_<

Can we say bloated? Not that it matters because you can get the lite, modify WA & leave only the necessary DLL's.

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #51
f2k is a nice player and I use it to play mpc, ape, flac files, but unless I get time slider in main interface I can't use it as full WinAMP replacement.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I can't resist... Surge, this is for you:

More in foobarlooks

Anyone knows how to install fonts for DS-Digital (Aluminium Look) skin?

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #52
f2k is a nice player and I use it to play mpc, ape, flac files, but unless I get time slider in main interface I can't use it as full WinAMP replacement.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I can't resist... Surge, this is for you:

More in foobarlooks

yes, ugly is no word for it.
*amano shudders*

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #53
well, they confirmed in the winamp forums that the winamp 2.92 version on winamp heaven was a leaked beta . so I edited (and corrected) my news submission. sorry for advertising a leaked beta but I really didn't know.

-amano

EDIT: grammar

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #54
dammit!!!! this release is gOOd!!! i'm back to winamp days, haven't used it in about 6 months cuz IMHO 2.9/2.91 sucked for my pc. and i had fb2k as an alternative now i'm back to the old days!!!

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #55
When will some people ever learn how to type somewhat decently with good grammer
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #56
When will some people ever learn how to type somewhat decently with good grammer

on the net? 
on a serious note, I am not very fond of much of the shorthand and internet slang myself

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #58

perhaps when you learn how to type the word grammar.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #59

Slight typo
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #60

Slight typo

lol chris he got you bad and made you seem like a bigger foul! And for the record, *grammar doesn't matter on forums anways because its not like you need to spend all day typing one reply to get your word across, it would only matter if you were writing a book

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #61
If you want to help with vorbis tag writing issues, go here - http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?th...threadid=139143
Again, what you have is NOT final 2.92, just a leaked release candidate.

Just tested it and it works. But why is it so faster in updating the tags than fb2k? Winamp takes half the time fb2k takes  This is clearer in large files (> 8 MB)

Winamp 2.92 out!

Reply #62
If you want to help with vorbis tag writing issues, go here - http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?th...threadid=139143
Again, what you have is NOT final 2.92, just a leaked release candidate.

Just tested it and it works. But why is it so faster in updating the tags than fb2k? Winamp takes half the time fb2k takes  This is clearer in large files (> 8 MB)

It uses old good MoveFile() trick (copies Ogg stream from source file to a temp file, modifying vorbis comments on the fly, then deletes source file and moves newly created temp file back to source file location), while that trick wouldn't work in fb2k (which locks file when updating), so current fb2k tag updater copies to temp file, then copies back (in current test version I made it use memory buffer instead of temp file for <10meg Oggs, seems much faster too, gonna work on it more).

Since I don't have my Winamp Forums account working at the moment -
v1.35 solves all my problems (finally!)  What's up with the increased file size of the dll (+45kb)?
I made it use vcedit instead of my handcoded tag updater (fb2k and about everything else uses vcedit too), and ported some code (chained stream parser) from fb2k; my code from fb2k needed newer versions of vorbis libraries, and it seems that new vorbis libraries made dll size go up. Not sure why exactly (IIRC I was using libvorbis 1.0 RC2 before, with some of my own hacks).
I suggest that more people test that dll Christophe posted because I had to completely rewrite tag updater and hack some other things, then couldn't / didn't have time to do any testing other than checking if it works at all. I hope chained stream handling didn't suffer from this (I only tested one file, seemed to work).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.