Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which dip switches to get 128kb/s VBR files??? (Read 3748 times) previous topic - next topic

Which dip switches to get 128kb/s VBR files???

Hey, i now you are thinking "just stick to streaming VBR preset" but i noticed that it is medium quality with a higher frequency cut-off. I was just playin around with those switches and heres the best one i got to get somehow the same streaming vbr bitrate:

-vbrhi -qvbr 75

It is high quality with a 18Khz cutoff, sincerely i tried both and i think i get a little more perceptible artifacts in streaming preset. Ok now you are thinking "lets see some ABX" , well i've tried it, but i seriously couldn't notice any substantial difference but the above mentioned.

What do you think? preset or my switch???

P.S.: Dont bother to mention vorbis... i've already have a final decision...

Reply #2
Jan, he's talking 'bout aac

Reply #3
yeah, i will never switch back to mp3, i only still listen to mp3 because 90% of the world encodes on it grrrrrr

Reply #4
Just kill me

Reply #5
Originally posted by Jan S.
Just kill me

I would be delighted to.