Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chained OGGs and shuffle (Read 2019 times) previous topic - next topic

Chained OGGs and shuffle

I like how foobar2000 displays the individual streams in a chained OGG file in the playlist, however when using shuffle I find that fb2k will very often shuffle to a random stream from a chained OGG file, play it then move to something completely different.

While that may have been the intended behaviour, a chained stream is generally (well at least in all my cases) a continuous 72 minute or whatever mix that has been broken down to individual tracks and chained to allow for preservation of metadata for each track in the mix, thus playing a random stream from the chain and then jumping onto something else isn't really what I like to happen.

I also like to consider the stuff I have as chained OGGs as a single song, yet when expanded on the playlist, the indivudual streams account for a large percentage of my entire playlist from just a few individual files, thus making the shuffle function much more likely to pick individual streams from a chained file.

Basically what I'm getting at here, is there any chance of some future update to better handle these style of chained OGGs? For example, keep (or not) the expanded display in the playlist, but when using shuffle, only consider the first stream of a chain for playing and if picked, continue playing through each stream of the the chain in order until the end. I hope somewhere in there I made sense