Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC and LRC (lyrics file) (Read 18267 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC and LRC (lyrics file)

Hello

I would like to know what is the proposed way to include (embed) lrc (lyrics with timestamps) in a FLAC file. In particular I would like to know if any player supports the LYRICS tag with timestamp lyrics.

Reply #1
Josh has said previously in a post on this forum that the LYRICS tag was the preferred way to go to add lyrics text to FLAC files. Don't know if any apps or players support the LYRICS tag in FLAC as "standard" yet.

Reply #2
You can use WinAmp to show Lyrics Tag...

Reply #3
and how about foobar2000?
IMHO, this player is quite nice, much better than WinAmp!

Reply #4
Hello
First of all, I have the same question, after 3 years first post appearance.
Rephrasing the first post
I would like to know what is the proposed way to include (embed) lrc (lyrics with timestamps) in a FLAC file. In particular I would like to know if any player supports the LYRICS tag with timestamp lyrics.

Lyrics maker (plugin JetAudio) doesn’t support SYNCHRONISED lyrics in flac.
Which instrument can embed SYNCHRONISED lyrics in flac?
Which player or plagin can read SYNCHRONISED lyrics embedded in flac?

Reply #5
The easiest tool to embed and display synced lyrics to an audio file (not only flac) in an uniform way is MusicBee. For better results the MiniLyrics plugin is required.

The synced lyrics, embedded by MusicBee can be displayed in mp3tag and Foobar2000 (by Lyrics 2 plugin) as well.

~~

Reply #6
Thanks a lot! MusicBee is the only one can realy playback flac with embedded lyrics. I try foobar2000, jetAudio, ModiaMonkey with MiniLyrics as plugin, but none of them can’t display SYNCHRONIZED lyrics embedded in flac at all.
MiniLyrics is my favorite program, but it can’t read lyrics embedded in flac, only *.lrs files.
ModiaMonkey & jetAudio can display Unsynchronized lyrics with timestamps,
But it’s not the same as display SYNCHRONIZED lyrics.
I hope one day the developers will add the real support flac lyrics.

Reply #7
Thanks a lot! MusicBee is the only one can realy playback flac with embedded lyrics. I try foobar2000, jetAudio, ModiaMonkey with MiniLyrics as plugin, but none of them can’t display SYNCHRONIZED lyrics embedded in flac at all.
MiniLyrics is my favorite program, but it can’t read lyrics embedded in flac, only *.lrs files.
ModiaMonkey & jetAudio can display Unsynchronized lyrics with timestamps,
But it’s not the same as display SYNCHRONIZED lyrics.
I hope one day the developers will add the real support flac lyrics.

I use foobar almost exclusivly for a FLAC 6TB+ library, most albums have lyrics embedded in the flac tag and scroll right along, not line by line but very rarely will I have to catch up or slow down the lyrics.  I don't listen to hip hop at all, that's the only tempo/lyrical ratio that I have had someone using my server say they have to mess with the lyrics in my foober UI.  Some are syncd', some aren't, some I added myself. Do you require LRC "timestamped" lyrics?  You control every variable in the lyric script, tags that hold lyrics, speed/font/spacing, overrides. If this is what your looking for let me know and I can give more details.

Reply #9
MusicBee has as the positive futures as negative.
I notice that if I click on the lyrics line, the audio jump at the corresponding moment. This is very nice. I seek this future for longtime through the bunch players & plugins. Now – here it is.
And some slight improvements will be very useful. The highlighting synchronized line with the color. The smooth scrolling. The transparency of lyrics window, as it did in MiniLyrics. Ets…

Do you require LRC "timestamped" lyrics?  You control every variable in the lyric script, tags that hold lyrics, speed/font/spacing, overrides. If this is what your looking for let me know and I can give more details.

Yes, it’s exactly what I want.

I have foobar2000 v1.1.2 beta4. In this newest version something wrong. MiniLyrics doesn’t work with it. I try to do my best, but failed.